Chapter 13: Finding the Cure

Start from the beginning

The robots move again and spin.  Stabbing into Roman's body once more and begin to withdrawal his blood and yet refill it at the same time with clean blood.  

When the robots stopped, two eyelid spreaders force Roman's eyes to stay open and two large needles move slowly and stabs Roman into his eyes.  Sucking out the fluid. 

Roman screams as he grips on to the cushion of the table. 

Celena sobs and covers her mouth as she forces herself to watch.  

Soon, fluid rushes back and fills his eyes and the needles retract back.  

Pryce quickly goes back to Roman's side, "Almost finished." He yanks out his earplugs.  "You've done marvelously, Roman." He smiles and turns to his equipment table to get a large rod of some sort and begins to aim it at the metal attachment on Roman's side.  

Roman eyes it, "What's that?"

"It's a solution of hunter-seeking prions with a rapidly oscillation pH factor that takes it off the table of acids and bases at 60 cycles per second." He smiles at Roman, "I think you'll find it quite refreshing."

When Pryce started the treatment, Roman begins to scream in pain.  Celena sobs, feeling so helpless, but he wanted this.  He needed this to be human again.  She just wanted him to be alive.  

Soon, the screaming stops and Roman was calm.  Pryce pulls out the rod and turns to set it aside. 

"Session one went extremely well.  Only five more to go." 

Roman rolls his eyes in exhaustion and goes limp on the table.  Celena rushes to him and strokes his sweaty face.  

"Are you ok?" She whispers as she takes off her mask. 

"I'll be fine once I'm rid of this disease once and for all and be with you." Roman says softly. 

Pryce watches them closely, he could really see the love surrounding them.  It was a strong feeling their souls gave off.  

"I love you." Roman whispers.  

Celena smiles softly and leans to kiss him, "I love you." She whispers against his lips.  

Pryce sighs softly.  He was starting to regret now with asking that doctor to create that enzyme...it might come in handy.  One day.  To have a mortal Roman, he would be easier to handle than as a Upir.  However...the Celena girl.  He needs to figure something out with her.  Study her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Celena's outfit for the day)

Andreas and Destiny sat in front of the TV, smoking their weed as Pete mops at the island.  Missing his mom and Celena.  Together, they watch a nature channel, 'When Nature Gets Hungry'.