134: The First Interaction

Start from the beginning

Namjoon turns to look at Yoongi, wanting his input. Yoongi doesn't say anything, silently agreeing with Jin. It frustrated Namjoon a little. He was afraid of the consequences, afraid of Earth with its rules and laws and people. Life was not simple here. Everything was controlled and he seemed to be the only one aware of it. 

But he didn't want to look more suspicious than you already did. Wet, torn clothing, wounded and extremely famished. He knew exactly the picture you were showing.

"Fine" He gives in. He turns back to the coast guard and nods, as if the man hadn't witnessed the entire decision making. "Okay we're coming. Let's go." He keeps his eyes on the target in front of him, untrusting. He didn't know why he couldn't trust this person, perhaps living with the seven of you had traumatised his relationships with others. There was nothing to be wary about, he only wanted to help yet somehow Namjoon felt uneasy. 

However, compared to Namjoon the coast guard himself was now quite eager to get rid of all of you. He gives the signal to follow him and starts walking, glancing behind every now and then to make sure that you were actually following or worse, that you weren't going to stab him in the back or something. 

You move closer to the new person curiously. It was exciting to see new features on someone's face. He had a whole new voice, a new look, there was something modern and unique about him. He was ordinary and that made you admire him all the more.  Being absent from the sight of another man for so long, you along with Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung crowd closer to him in order to note his features and stare at him. He walks forward more urgently but the four of you run to catch up with him. However, temporarily having forgotten the wobbliness of your legs due to your wound and the presence of gravity you don't pay attention to you walking. With a squeal you trip over yourself and fall forward.

The coast guard in front of you instinctively reaches out catching your arm.

And then things happen so fast.

You hear someone push forward beside you and the next thing, he's shouting out in pain. 

The grip of the coast guard loosens on you and as you stand up, stumbling backwards into Taehyung your eyes widen horrified to see that Namjoon was about to break his arm. He was holding the coast guard's wrists so tight his entire arm had gone white and his face bright red. he hisses, letting out a long cry of pain as he tries to break his hand free but finds that he can't move it an inch. Namjoon's face is one of fear, fear that this man was attacking you. He steps forward more menacingly, scaring the coast guard. 

What's he doing?

"Namjoon stop," you hear Jin behind you, pushing his way through the grip. "You're hurting him!"

"Hyung stop!"

Jungkook's hand lands on Namjoon's shoulder, urging him away. That somehow makes Namjoon snap out of it. His immediately drops his hand making the coats guard retract his hand at once. He squeezes the tears out of his eyes looking down at his shaking arm. As the blood flows into his arm he looks up at Namjoon, eyes wide in incredulity, cursing under his breath. Was he a monster? 

"Sir are you okay?" Jin asks, pushing his way to the front and reaching out his hands towards the coast guard. "Here let me–"

As Jin's hands reach out to help heal the pain, the coast guard starts walking away urgently, clutching his throbbing arm to himself wanting to suddenly distance himself from this entire group

"Careful you might step on the crab!" Yoongi shouts out, pointing at his feet. Whirling his head to look behind him, he yelps out loud to see a small baby crab crawling right under his shoes. Losing balance and now almost falling backwards over himself he fatefully crushes it with his feet, the crunching sound of death available to all. 

"HOW DARE YOU!" Namjoon shouts, moving forward suddenly in remorse. The man screams scared that the outrageously strong one was now coming after him but fortunately Jungkook and Taehyung lunge forward to restrain Namjoon. 

"Aargh," Yoongi slaps a hand on his forehead, kneading his temples. "I told you to watch out didn't I?! The poor thing..."

Lifting his foot to see the dead crab the coast guard looks back up at Yoongi. How had he even seen this tiny creature? No one could have noticed a crab this small scuttering through the sand. And the man's strength too...he was so skinny and lean, how could he even be that strong? And none of the others were even questioning any of this? Furthermore, they had all come out of the no-surfing high-tide zone.

His soul sinking and fear crawling over him he comes to the realisation that they...

These people were not ordinary at all. 

"Wait, don-" you call after him as sand flies in the air, clouding your vision. Slipping on the lumps, the friendly coast guard who had been guiding you to the police station was no running across the beach, abandoning you. Jimin moves forward as if to chase after him but falls due to the dizzying pull of gravity that he was unused to. The eight of you watch helplessly as he runs away from you as fast as his feet can take him, adrenaline pumping through his veins.  

Where's he going? 

"You-" Jin raises his hand smacking Namjoon and Yoongi on the head in exasperation. They exclaim in pain, whirling indignantly only to see his equally indignant expression. 

"What is wrong with you?!" Jin hisses out loud, glaring at the both of them like they were some troublesome kids and not two fo the most responsible people in the group. "You almost broke his hand! What would you have done then, huh?! And you...why did you have to–" Jin sighs, desperately trying to calm down as everyone gathers around. 

"Listen here," he begins again, more seriously, addressing everyone now. "We have to keep a low profile here. We're not ordinary humans, you know that. We have powers that others don't have. And if you act like that you're just going to make us look more suspicious. I mean look what happened...he ran away! And you guys too, stop looking at him like he's an alien or something."

"I got scared," Namjoon confesses. "I didn't know I was hurting him."

"I know," Jin empathizes, but his expression turns grave as he looks back at the coast guard who was now a dot in the distance. "Look let's just be glad that everything seems to be normal here. I mean, we're still able to understand people and pretend to fit in. Its not like we don't know this terrain. We just need to act normal."

You lower your head, understanding him. It was like you were on a survival show, or in a game where people were looking for imposters. You had to keep your calm, try your best to put on an act and scrape it to the end. Of course, how could you come back expecting open arms or cheers and praise. You needed to sort things out step by step. Your first interaction with another human being and you'd already blown it. You were going to risk all your lives like this. 

"If we don't handle this carefully..." Jin adds,

"Coming back might become a big mistake."

[double update let's go]