CHAPTER TEN

"I saw wolves yesterday

"I saw wolves yesterday." Olivia suddenly breaks the silence between her and Jasper as they walk through the woods.

The two had decided to skip school the next day and take a walk through the woods near her home. Well more like Jasper came to pick her up and she refused to leave and instead told him if he was t coming with her than she would go by herself.

Which led them here.

"I didn't look straight at them." She pauses in thought as Jasper holds her arm assuring himself she wouldn't fall off of the log she was standing on. "But I saw them in my peripheral vision. Was I imagining that?"

"No." Jasper lets out a small smirk. "They were there." He confirms.

Olivia lets out a small breath of relief knowing she wasn't completely crazy. "You guys were calm around them. You knew they wouldn't attack." She states, back to being monotoned which makes Jasper frown slightly.

He loved when she let her guard down around him. They had grown close in a very short amount of time and he inwardly had to keep his excitement in otherwise she would put her walls right back up.

"We did." He confirms again with a small nod. Watching the gears turn in her head.

"So either you were confident enough that you could kill them if they came too close." She eyes the man suspiciously. "Or Edward could read their minds."

"More or less." He stifles a chuckle, knowing that she wasn't all the way there but would get there eventually. He wished that he could tell her everything, he really did. But he would be breaking the treaty.

She doesn't speak after that but the silence isn't uncomfortable or awkward. They both enjoy the silence, meanwhile Jasper can feel his own emotions yet still be in another's company. It wasn't often he got to do this, he wondered if Edward felt like this with Bella.

"Can you take me up?" She questions, avoiding eye contact with the Hale boy.

He raises his right brow at his suddenly shy mats. "Up the tree?" He questions.

She nods her head before letting out a squeak. In less than a second Jasper had taken ahold of her and jumped up multiple branches and settles for half way up the very large tree.

Olivia makes herself comfortable on the branch and slightly rolls her eyes when she notices Jasper standing uncomfortable on a branch nearby.

Scooting forward a bit she silently motions for Jasper to sit behind her. He does so cautiously but secretly happy that she's getting comfortable around him. She slowly lays her head on his shoulder. He notices that she's tense for a few minutes before finally relaxing her stiff posture.

"It's beautiful up here." She comments casually.

"Is this the part where you tell me That the views pretty but I'm prettier?" Jasper teases and relishes in the snort he gets from the girl. He doesn't comment on the snort but can't help himself from smiling widely at the cute sound.

"Sorry to break it to you Hale but maybe you're just not as pretty as you think you are." She shrugs, slightly teasing him.

He holds his chest in mock offense. "Olivia Swan." He gasps.

"Okay! Now shh." She scolds him and closes her eyes. Listening to the calm breeze and hearing the animals wonder around the forest.

Within a few minutes Jasper hears light snores coming from the older Swan and sighs in content. This is what he had waiting for his whole existence. And now that he had it he wasn't ever going to let her go unless she sent him away.

She had her walls up so high that at some points Jasper had doubted he would ever get through them. But sometimes, just sometimes she shed give him a peak at the real her. And he knew she was worth it.

Once Jasper realized that the chief would most likely already be home wondering where the girl was and that they'd been there the whole day he slowly shook the girl awake.

"What?" She groans in annoyance.

"I have to get you back home." He whispered and moved the hair from out of her face lovingly.

"Carry me?" She mumbles sweetly?

He nods his head with out hesitation and after finally getting them back to the ground she hops on his back and lays her head on his shoulder. It isn't long before her snores are heard again and they're already at her front door.

Charlie comes rushing out of the house with a look of worry on his face. "What happened? Is she alright?"

"She's alright Chief Swan. She didn't want to go to school today so I accompanied her and she ended up falling asleep and asking me to carry her back." Jasper is quick to shut down the mans doubts and worries.

Charlie slowly opens the door wider allowing the Blonde to walk in and lead him towards her room. Though he already knew where it was, he would never let the chief of police know that.

Charlie helps Jasper carefully remove the brunette from his back and Charlie watches from the doorway as Jasper softly lays a blanket on top of her body.

Charlie walks Jasper down to the front door before he stops Jasper with a look of determination. "She's opening up to someone for the first time in a very long time Jasper. If you plan on hurting her in anyway then leave now. Or I will hunt you down." He threatens the younger boy. Not caring much at the moment if it was against the law.

Jasper nods his head in respect. "I understand sir. But I'm not going anywhere. She's worth taking the time to getting to know her. I assure you that I care for her and want to protect her like you."

Charlie narrows his eyes and analyzes the mans face for a few seconds before holding his hand out for the latter to shake. Once Jasper puts his freezing cold hand in Charlie's the man says. "Call me Charlie. Thank you Jasper."

"Thank you, Charlie. Have yourself a good night." Jasper replies with a small smile, glad that the seemingly older man liked him. Before walking back towards his car and speeding back towards his house.