CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

Sam moves into the house giving Olivia's shoulder a little squeeze of comfort and then immediately bee-lines for Emily

Sam moves into the house giving Olivia's shoulder a little squeeze of comfort and then immediately bee-lines for Emily. "Hey, Em." He speaks, giving her scars a loving kiss.

The blatant show of Sam's love for his imprint has Olivia smiling adoringly at the pair, but she can't help but notice the despair and nostalgia on Bella's face.

She knows that she must be thinking of Edward.

Edward.

Her own smile slightly falters.

She turns her head toward the door as Jacob and Paul arrive, laughing and jabbing at each other.

Bella looks relived that Jacob's still alive.

Meanwhile Embry and Jared crowd the two looking them over for scars or scratches and they both chuckle as they find a new scar on the both of them.

"Told you." Jared smacks Embry's shoulder. "You don't touch the imprint."

Jacob's eyes find Bella's. He nods solemnly to the door, motioning for her to follow. He doesn't offer the other twin knowing she wouldn't follow.

Bella warily stands and looks to Olivia waiting for her to follow as well, Emily notices. "Don't worry Bella, Olivia's always here. We can take her home when she's ready."

Bella nearly looks ready to argue but her sister sends her a small encouraging smile assuring her that Emily was correct. Bella continues out the door but can't help but feel left out of her sisters life yet again.

Paul makes his way over to Olivia's seat and gives her a quick kiss on the forehead. He grabs a muffin off of the tray and places it on the plate seated in-front of her.

Olivia let's out a quiet sigh as Jared and embry send her an 'I told you so.' look.

"Come on Liv, you gotta eat." Paul whispers, staring at her in admiration and worry.

He still wasn't over the fact that she was his imprint. If he knew then what he knew now he would've ignored all sams words and went to see Olivia the second he shifted.

They hadn't done anything romantically but it seems as though they were joint at the hip for the past couple of weeks and if Olivia didn't want to do anything romantically, Paul was okay with that.

"I'm not hungry." Olivia responds with a small frown.

Paul grabs her cold shaking hand in his own and soothingly rubs his thumb across her palm. "A few bites." He offers.

Olivia stares at him for a few moments and then looks at the muffin in defeat. She slowly picks up the muffin and begins nit picking at it.

What she didn't notice was the whole pack staring at the two with worry and angst.

They were worried that you could now easily fit your hand around the whole of her forearm and they were worried what Paul would do if Jasper Hale ever came back for Olivia Swan.

Paul helps Olivia out of his silver truck and wraps an arm around her shoulders in attempts to warm her shivering form up.

Olivia looks up towards Paul and softly smiles. "You really shouldn't worry so much, I'm not that cold."

"It's 70 degrees out, Liv." Paul's smile is strained. "Yet you're shivering, of course I'm worried."

Charlie walks out of the house with his uniform on and smiles at the two but you could see the worry in his eyes from a mile away. "Hey kiddo, you alright?"

"Yeah, dad. I'm okay." Olivia replies.

Charlie and Paul share a look. "Liv, I think we should take you to the doctors."

Olivia's eyes slightly widen. "For what?"

Both males stare at her in confusion wondering if she genuinely didn't realize what she had become. "Liv, you've lost a lot of weight and I don't think it's healthy."

"Dad I'm fine." Olivia smiles but it does nothing to assure the two men. "I don't want to go to the doctors for doing something as silly as losing a little weight."

Charlie sighs as he knows he's lost this battle before it already begun so he changes the subject. "Have you seen your sister?"

Olivia nods. "Yeah, she's with Jacob."

Charlie smiles. "That'll do her some good." He kisses her forehead and turns around. "I gotta head into the station and I'll be back late tonight."

"Love you." Olivia responds, only moving into the house when she hears him repeat her words.

Paul and Olivia take a seat on her bed and she immediately cuddles into his warmth. He rubs the outside of her thigh and her eyes close, completely relaxed.

"Liv?"

She stifles her yawn. "Yeah?"

Paul closes his eyes in hesitation before opening them up and seeing her peering at him from under her long lashes. "I'm worried for you."

Her eyes crinkle. "Why?"

"You barely eat and you can't sleep through the night unless I'm here. Which I really don't mind but it's not healthy for you and I..." He swallows. "I can't watch you go back to how you were before."

Olivia slowly sits herself up from his lap, catching his hands curling into themselves to hold himself back from pulling her back in. She takes a deep breath and looks toward the wall behind him nervously. "Honestly Paul... I'm okay. I'm just not hungry lately and I'm sorry for being such a burden..."

Before Paul can interrupt her she holds her finger up gesturing for him to hear her out. "I know you and the pack are always worried for my health and I know you're worried that I'll go back to a lifeless zombie like I was before. But I promise, that won't happen again. I never want to hurt anyone like I did then."

Paul pulls her into his chest and kisses her forehead again. "I don't want to lose you, Olivia."

"Lucky, unlucky, you. It's gonna take a lot more to get rid of me." She tries to tease.

Squeezing her tighter he shakes his head. "No matter what, I'm the luckiest man on earth to have gotten stuck with you."