Chapter 2

September 1st is when my new neighbors moved in and the month flew by.  They remained quiet and I never saw hide nor hair of them.  We were now in October and my besties and I had requested my birthday weekend off.  Since I work in the French Quarter that was the last thing I wanted for my birthday.  We were instead going to do karaoke night in an uptown bar called Igor's.  I was finally officially 21 and when I return to work on Monday I'd be returning as a bartender.  I'd just finished getting ready and I was wearing one of my tight mid-thigh skirts with an off the shoulder pink top.  I channeled my inner 90's ska Gwen Stefani and put my hair up in knots.  I decided that if Gwen and Taylor can pull off red lips that I could too.  Gwen does dark red but I'm going to go for more of the Taylor red.  Since I did the red lips I kept my eyes simple.  Just a neutral sparkly shadow with liner and mascara.  I stepped back and considered myself good.  I heard my friends banging on my door.

"Hey, I can't have y'all being loud after I yelled at my new neighbors for doing the same thing at 8 in the morning!" I said as I pulled my door open.

"Sorry we're just excited to get you drunk!" Dana said cheekily.

"Ok, let's go!" I said with a giggle.

We walked to Igor's nudging each other along the sidewalk.

"You're both going to fall into one of the many cracks in the sidewalk if you don't stop." Daniel said in exasperation. 

"You'll catch us!  Well.  Ian will catch Dana Mana.  So you'll catch me my love!" I teased.

"I'd throw you over my shoulder if I wasn't worried about you flashing all the young men you'd then have to beat up." Daniel teased back.

I poked him in the side as we entered Igor's.  I bee lined for the sign up sheet with Dana Mana and signed up before joining the guys at the bar.

"It's Tinker Bell's birthday so we need a round of fireball shots." Ian said with a nod at me.

"Coming right up!" The bartender said.

I was disappointed that I wasn't carded now that I was finally able to legally pass.  I mean I could have made myself older than I was on my ID but I decided to adhere to as many laws as I could as a vigilante ghost.

"Oi!  You fuckers go do what you want but I'm doing karaoke!  We did Bourbon St last night for his birthday.  Fuck that noise." A loud voice called before entering the bar with two other guys.

I checked them out after deciding that the others must have decided on Bourbon St again.  Loud mouth had dark hair with two bleached pieces framing his handsome face.  He was an average height with a slim build and dressed like a fashionista.  He had sexy piercings in his ear and a lip piercing.  I moved from him to surfer boy.  He was tall and probably a model.  He had blonde hair to his shoulders and soulful chocolate eyes that were looking at me and fantasizing.  For once I didn't feel the need to beat him as I don't think it was necessarily naughty fantasizing.  I moved from him to the Prince of the group.  He was the loud mouth's height but slightly taller.  He had brown hair with an auburn tint to it and fire eyes.  They were a reddish brown and literally looked like there were flames in them.  I was mesmerized by the three until a shot was put into my hand.  I turned my attention back to my friends.

"To Tinker Bell's birthday!  Happy 21 Tinker Bell!" Ian shouted followed by Dana and Daniel.  

I curtsied and then we tossed our shots back.  I was then immediately passed another shot as I widened my eyes.

"This one is to Tinker Bell having a great fucking night!" Daniel shouted followed by Dana and Ian.

We all did our shots and then I was handed a third.