Chapter 2

When they started falling, all three demigods had different reactions. Percy screamed like a girl , Leo cursed and tried to start Festus, and Nico just screamed curses in Latin, Greek, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, and English. Festus flapped his wings once, then went into a dive. Cursing some more, Leo climbed down and pressed the button to fold the bronze dragon into "the carry-on that weighs as much as the plane" in his words.

"We're in the air!" Percy yelled.

"I know!" yelled Leo and Nico in unison.

"Get us down!"

"I'm working on it!" yelled Nico at the same time as Leo yelled, "Where do you think we'll end up when we fall?!"

"Why are those people on the ground pointing sticks at us?!" yelled Percy.

"I said I'm work-! Wait, what?" said Nico.

"There. Are. People. On. The. Ground. Pointing. Sticks. At. Us." said Percy, "They also seem to be yelling in bad Latin."

Right after he said that, they hit what seemed to be invisible barriers in the air and slowed down. Unfortunately, the barriers, now identified as a kind of magic, could not hold up to a 2-ton suitcase which shattered through them all causing the mana required to power them to backlash into the creators of the barriers. Every time the suitcase crumpled a barrier, the person who made it would fall over in pain as the mana from it tore through their system. Finally the suitcase hit the ground, leaving a smoking crater several miles deep but only about as big around as a human being. A few minutes later the demigods were lowered down and Leo was desperately trying to get to the bottom of the hole to the suitcase without falling to his death.

"Who are you?" Asked one of the stick-waving people, with receding red hair in an accusing tone.

"I could ask the same of you, my friend." Replied Nico evenly, but with an undertone of warning.

"You're the one who crashed into the largest gathering of wizards and witches in the world." Said the person, now identified as a wizard.

"Wait, wizards?" asked Percy, "Do you think Hecate sent us here? This seems like her thing, and her children can tamper with your travel, so I'm guessing she can too."

"That was a surprisingly logical conclusion from you." said Leo, leaving the suitcase for now.

"Who is Hecate?" Asked the red haired wizard.

"A woman who did us a favor and allowed us to escape from our friends," Nico said the word with distaste, "And this "wizards and witches" thing sounds like something she would have a hand in."

"Who are these friends of yours, and why would they try to kill you?"

"I'm afraid that's our business, and you would do well to stay out of it, neighbor."

"Have you been reading The Belgariad or The Tamuli recently, Nico?" asked Leo, "'Cause you sound like Sparhawk."

"Possibly, but that is irrelevant right now." Said Nico. "I will however, to be cliche, ask you to take us to your leader." He directed this at the red haired man.

"They will be here shortly, but in the meantime you can explain who you are."

"That is classified information, and will only be disclosed at the will of those who sent us here."

"We'll have to use a truth potion if you don't open up."

"Wait and see. It may be that your leaders already know of us, but as we don't know who you are, we cannot tell you."