"So your birth parents could quite realistically have been anything and you'd been none the wiser."

"Except I killed someone and Bonnie activated my magic when she showed me hers."

"You killed someone?" "Magic?" Beau and Tyler said at the same time, their words merging together into a loud mess

"It is how the curse is activated isn't it." She said gently to Beau.

"I guess."

"Well yes we know how that part works but magic? Wolves don't have magic Grace."

"Well that is the part I need to figure out."

"So you think one of you biological parents was a wolf and the other was what - a witch?"

"It would make the most sense."

"I've found that with this world, not much makes sense." Tyler sighed, crashing back onto the couch into his original lounging position. Beau took that as his cue to make himself comfortable. Grace hovered awkwardly before taking one of the seats adjacent to them. "Well then go on Verde, how about you try and make a little sense for us."

"Well from what I can tell I ran away to go and travel the world, that is the story the town got told when they found that note right?" The boys nodded confirming what she had pieced together.

"I never wrote the note and I didn't leave Mystic Falls until summer, after the full moon sacrifice, after saving Damon's life from the wolf bite and after explaining myself to Matt.  I don't know if it was a mixture of confusion and panic or something more but that was the cover story Stefan and Elena ran with."

"Cover story?  What were the two of them covering?" Tyler asked, still confused.

"If you were here the whole time where were you?" Beau nodded, equally as baffled. "What even brought this all on?"

"Bonnie's relatively new magic reacted violently to me and knocked me cold. Apparently they couldn't wake me up."

"So they did what, make up a story you had ran away and hid you in their basement?" Beau snapped, waving his hands around like he always did when he was mad.

"Not the basement, no." She smiled. "The crypt down at the Mystic Cemetery. I woke up six months later in a wooden coffin, confused as hell and slightly angry. Klaus was the only one to show me some decency and I stayed with him since."

An onslaught of questions fueled by anger mixed with general disbelief poured out of the two of them but before she could even think to answer the door burst open and in walked Jeremy Gilbert and Oliver Rafferty. And what a sight to behold they were. Armed to the teeth the two of them had a myriad of weapons along with leather jackets and holsters to match, they looked straight out of some zombie hunting teen flick.

"And what are you supposed to be?"

Before Jeremy could concoct some ridiculous story to defend their appearance, Tyler cut it to save him the embarrassment.

"Its alright Jer, she knows."

"Hey Oli." Grace greeted him with a mock salute and beaming smile, she had always had a soft spot for the younger Rafferty. "And hello Jeremy, I don't think we've spoken before." She noticed his hand still lay uneasy over the stake strapped to his side. "Its alright, I'm no vampire."

"I'm training to be a vampire hunter, you know - we both are." He said, still not letting go.

"Ohhh, scary - I'm sure you'll clean Mystic right up, we could use a couple of ghost busters too I hear, know any of them." Grace chuckled.