Chapter 2- This kid literally just got here.

Start from the beginning

"Noelle... seeing that Harper is new to this school and doesn't know his way around... and that Emma and I have a test next period... and that you have a free period next, could you..." He gestured to Harper who was standing there, arching an eyebrow. I nodded for him to continue, not catching onto his hint. "Could you give Harper a tour around the school? I'll repay you later? Okay, thanks, bye!" He finished, dragging Emma away from my gaping figure before I could make an excuse that no, I'm afraid that I couldn't because I had a test today and I need to revise, or no, Ms Carter needed my help setting up the art display for the play.

Idiots. 

Or simply, that I was not looking forward to spending an hour and a half with a stranger who made the butterflies in my stomach come to life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harper and I had been walking in near silence for twenty minutes, apart from my occasional updates on where we were in the school in a monotone voice. The butterflies in my stomach were still flying circles, bubbling around in my stomach. Just the sound of the patter of our footsteps were driving me crazy. Harper remained completely silent. Occasionally I had looked back at him, several times catching him staring at me with the infamous smirk on his face, which honestly, made me feel quite uncomfortable, as if I was being examined. The remainder of his time was spent eyeing the groups of girls we passed in the corridors, giving them the occasional wink.

Ugh.

Of course all the cute ones are players.

I decided to try to overcome my fears, and anxiously tried to break the silence.

"So... when did you move here?" I faintly mumbled, still walking ahead, not bothering to turn around and face him.

No answer.

Maybe I was too quiet.

"When did you move here?" I repeated, louder, fingering the ends of my hair. Harper's heavy footsteps had stopped, I could no longer hear the product of his long strides. Instead it was replaced by giggling and low, hushed murmurs.

Giggling. Especially of the female kind.

I turned around to see Harper leaning on the locker, his arms on either side of a girl's head, trapping her between the lockers and his body. He whispering things in her ears in a husky voice as she giggled maniacally and occasionally gave a high-pitched squeal. She was running her hands up and down his arms, shifting in her seven-inch heels, dressed in a top so tight I was surprised she wasn't having trouble breathing. The butterflies instantly died as I viewed the repulsive scene before me. I gagged.

This kid literally just got here.

The sound of my gagging must have brought Harper and the girl to focus, as they turned their heads towards me, startled, eyes wide. However, that only lasted a second. Harper recovered quickly, the corners of his mouth tugging into, you guessed it, a smirk. He untangled himself from the girl who was still gaping at me in surprise, and stood in front of her, leaning on the blue lockers.

"What's wrong, angel?" he said, arching his eyebrow. I immediately gagged again, this time at the pathetic nickname he had gave me. 

"Angel? Angel? Do you want to know what's wrong? I am doing something nice, I am taking you on a tour of the school, and you are just lagging behind, hooking up with every girl you see? Just come on, we have to finish this tour." I said in utter exasperation, my shyness immediately crumbling around me.

"Why don't you just keep going? Don't worry, you'll get your turn." He smirked, gesturing cockily to himself, obviously on board with the idea that I was envious."

"I don't want a turn, idiot," I hissed. "I have more respect for myself to be seen with... you." I shuddered for effect. He looked momentarily shocked, as if he wasn't expecting me to reject him.

Loser.

He recovered quickly.

"Why, am I making you angry, angel?"

"Don't. Call. Me. Angel."

He feigned thought for a moment, tapping his chin infuriatingly.

"No, I think I'll pass," he said, amused, stepping backwards to put his arms around the girl again, this time pulling her to his chest. "But if you're so desperate to be alone with me later... just give me a call."

That was it. I hated him.

I marched out of the corridor angrily, leaving him and the girl behind me.

First of all, thank you guys so much for your support in the last chapter! It was really nice of you to comment and vote... please keep it up! I would love to have some reviews on how I am doing too...

This chapter was just to give you a view on Harper's personality. Do you like Harper? Answer in the comments :)

Byeeee

-A :)

UPDATE: CRINGEEEEEEE