Chapter 31

*Ava's POV *

My honeymoon phase with Xander didn't last that long, exactly four days after I moved in with him he had to leave for a meeting with the neighboring pack Alpha and he had other meetings from there meaning he would be gone for a few days. Before he left he assigned Zayne to be my driver slash bodyguard. It wasn't so bad seeing Zayne and I are already already friends.

I was keeping busy with my Luna training and familiarizing myself with the pack. Zayne suggested that we spend the day at the pack house as a way of availing myself to the pack "put yourself out there" we're his exact words, after all these people were my new family

When we got to the pack house I immediately saw a group of girls my age and thought I'd sit with them, I couldn't follow Zayne like a lost puppy he also needed to breathe.

"hi, do you mind if I sit with you guys?" I asked

" ofcourse not Luna" a girl who looked like she was the same age as me said as she gestured to a vacant chair.

"I'm Isabel, these are my friends Nora and Melanie" the girl said

"nice to meet you, I'm Ava" I said with a smiled

" everyone knows you Luna" one girl said with a smile, almost a blush

I had a chat with the girls about a lot of things, school, clothes, boys. Typical girl conversations and it felt so good to just converse with people and out the house seeing Kayla was also busy at home.

After killing some time with the girls I moved to see other people around, remembering that the aim was to avail myself, relate to the pack and build relationships.

I eventually ended up in Xander's office where I found Dylan working

"hey there" I said as I walked in

"hey Luna"

"Ava.. Dylan" I said as I rolled my eyes and he just chuckled

"so what are you up to?" I asked while taking a seat

"nothing much, just making sure that things are running well, sorting out patrols and stuff"

"sounds very interesting" I said using a sarcastic tone

"hence I enjoy doing it" he mimicked my tone

"I'll just hide out in here if you don't mind, I know I should be mingling but I just need a few minutes off"

"exhausted already?" he asked with a teasing voice

"with the training and everything else in between, plus Xander gone... It just gets to me a bit.. Please don't judge"

"why would I, I understand it's a lot to take in but you're doing well so far"

"thanks Dylan. Don't let me disturb you, I'll just be over here doing some reading"  I said as I took out a book Rossette gave me to learn about the history of werewolves, I needed to grasp a lot of information it felt like I was back at school.
____

While I was still at the pack house I received a call from Rossette asking me to go to her house and it sounded urgent so I quickly went out to get Zayne and we headed there.

"thank goodness you're here" she said as she took my hand and dragged me inside the house

" what's wrong? You're scaring me"

"It's not so bad.. I hope" she said as she motioned for me to take a seat. I waited for her to talk and she continued

"so, you are familiar with the neighboring packs, and the ones we formed alliances with"

I Nodded my head, remembered I went through this information with Xander

"one of the former Aplhas wants to come visit Richard and the pack,they are good friends so he thought he would just come by to visit for a few days"

"that's a good thing.... Right?"

"well... The Grand alpha of the moonlight pack is uhmm.. How can I put it... Old fashioned"

"meaning....."

"he believes females are beneath males, mate or not so he can be quite difficult to deal with when he expects nothing but submission from you"

"geez, hopefully I won't have much of an encounter with him.. I'll even hide out at the house" I giggled trying to make light of the situation

"that's the thing sweetheart.... He heard that Xander now has a mate... He wants to stay at your house for the duration of his visit"

"what?!" I immediately felt my heart rate pick up

"I know... It's not ideal... But atleast he will be bringing his mate.. She's a darling"

"when are they arriving"

"tonight"

You've got to be kidding me!!

______

Rosette went back to my house with me and Kayla met us there. We had to prepare for the arrival of his royal highness, I had a feeling I wasn't going to like this old man and was dreading his arrival, Rossette helped me prepare the guest room, changing the sheets, making sure it's clean.

Kayla and I were working on supper, making sure we have everything ready, the food the cutlery, the works. Everything had to be on point,

"so tell me more about the grand Alpha" I told Kayla

"ohhh there's no need for me to even prepare you, no matter what I say. When he arrives, you will be more than shocked"

"is he that bad?"

She actually laughed at this "bad? Oh no honey I've seen bad. He's the worst, probably worse now that he's older"

"hey! Don't scare her" Rossette said as she walked in the kitchen

"Ava honey... You might need to change your outfit" Rosette said and I checked myself, I was wearing simple jeans and a t.shirt,it was an easy going day.

"really? He's that bad?" I exclaimed

"girl you have no idea, I'll need to borrow something too" Kayla said.

Rossette told us to go change while she finished up. I settles for a loose dress that went just below my knees and Kayla borrowed a skirt and blouse, as soon as we were done we went downstairs and waited for the arrival of the guests.

A while later Richard came in with the grand alpha and Luna of the moonlight pack while Rossette, Kayla and I stood in a straight line with our heads slightly bowed, I felt so ridiculous seeing Xander's parents never expected this of me.

"we're here" Richard said as he led them in. The alpha looked slightly older  than Richard and had Grey hair, his mate was a short petite woman who complimented him so well

Richard started talking "Tom you remember my wife Rossette, my daughter Kayla and next to her is my daughter inlaw Ava" he said " Ava meet the grand Alpha and Luna of the moonlight pack, Thomas and Lindsey Demitri"

"It is an honor to be graced by your presence grand Alpha and Luna" I said with a quiet voice trying so hard not to whisper while bowing my head

He looked and me, more like stared at me with a stern look while the Luna simply gave me a warm smile

"what are you waiting for girl! Will these bags take themselves upstairs" when I realised he was talking to me I immediately moved and took the bags from the floor and went upstairs.

I swear I'm going to lose my mind if this man plans on staying long