Chapter 6

*Xander's POV*

I tried staying clear of Ava, I honestly don't know what I was hoping to achieve by trying to ignore her, I know too well that the mate pull will only grow stronger by the day and being apart from her will only make thing harder than they already are, I can't stop thinking about her, I want to be  closer to her. That's why I ended up following Kayla to the mall, I took some of my pack guys with me so it doesn't look too suspicious.

When I saw her my wolf just lost it, she looked so beautiful, in my head I kept repeating the words 'mate'. She's mine yet I can't even bring myself to get too close to her yet I'm an alpha, a respected and feared one at that, I'm able to handle situations that  are life threatening, I kill rogues, do whatever I can to protect my pack but I can't have a decent conversation with my mate.

When they walked towards us at the mall I couldn't even bare to look at her, my wolf kept telling me that soon I'll have to introduce her to our world, she has to know, the pack needs it's Luna and we need our mate. And then I saw a lot of males lusting over her, that drove me to the edge but what ticked me off is when I saw one of my fellow wolves interact with her and even touch her, at that moment I knew I had to speak to him

"Zayne, a word " I said not trying to grab him by the neck

" yes Alpha" I knew he could sense my anger but it had him confused

"You never touch her again. Understood?" that came off more like a command than a statement or question

" I was just fooling around, she's new here so I'm just trying to get her used to the place"

"I don't want to hear it! You touch her and I'll reap you apart" at that point my wolf was taking over but I had to contain it considering we were on a public area full of humans who don't even know we exist. Then the realization hit him just as it hit Dylan

"she's your mate... Im sorry, I did not realise it alpha Xander" Zayne said now panicking

"It's ok, just go on about your day" Dylan jumped in as Zayne quickly made himself scarce

"When were you going to tell me that you found our future Luna" he asked still trying to be respectful

"soon, it was still sinking in" I responded, Dylan is not only my beta but he's also my best friend so I know it's no use keeping my thoughts from him

"she's human..."

"Yea.. I've noticed Dylan"  I snapped then I calmed down as we started walking to the car "look man, I have no idea how I'm even going to explain this to her, get her to agree to be with me, then get her to lead the pack with me. This shit is straining me and the mate pull keeps tightening, I need her, I need to be around her, also it doesn't help that she's Kayla's friend.

"You need to find a way to make it work, she's our future Luna"

"are you done stating the obvious Dylan?"  I glared at him

"I mean no disrespect Alpha... Maybe ask your dad, he could help"
_____

I got home and went to speak to my dad, I needed some help and I needed it now. I'm not sure how much longer I can stay far from her, and all the night visits I make to her house without her knowing aren't enough.

"You seem troubled, infact I've noticed a change in you for the past few days" my father said as I pulled a chair in his office

"yes sir. I've had some things going on" He kept quiet and looked at me so I took his silence as an indication to continue "I found my mate"

"that's a great thing, every Alpha needs his mate, every pack needs it's Luna. I was worried that you would struggle to find a mate and you would be to busy to even look for her with all the Alpha duties you now have but clearly the moon goddess came though for you but it's clear that you are troubled"

I kept quiet for a while, still trying to figure out how to break it down to him then I started "she's human"

"oh... I see... Now that's a bit of a challenge son, as you know, humans don't know about us, they think we are fictional characters from novels and in those novels we are portrayed as savage Animals who kill for the fun of it"

"that's the thing, how do I tell her about who I really am without scaring her off, how do I give her the responsibility to lead a pack of werewolves with me when she's only human"

"son, you aren't giving her the responsibility to do anything, the moon goddess gave her that responsibility the day she paired you two together and  you have to tell her, soon or it will become strainous on the both of you, you see.. When you finally find your mate the mate pull starts working, it grows stronger by the day, the more you spend time apart the more miserable you become, and on your side because you have alpha blood, that feeling is ten times worse, soon you will not be able to control yourself and you will find yourself marking her without her consent, imagine how a human will react to a werewolf biting her. I'd advise you to get to know her, get used to being around her so it calms your wolf down as well as he is restless whenever you are far from her"

"Yea that's another thing" I said as he gave me a confused look

"she's Kayla's friend"