Chapter 18

Shivansh's Pov.

"Maybe I should change this saree," Abhidnya said to herself while still looking at her in the mirror.

"Nope, you don't have to."

Abhidnya turned around and saw me standing at the door of our room. I took a step towards her and she just kept looking into my eyes, trying to read my mind.

I stopped in my tracks just not to rush into things and scare her away.

"You look very pretty and that beautiful saree deserves compliments, so let's not waste time or we end up getting late."

"You too aren't looking bad though. Yeah, let's go."

I moved towards the door and held it open for her.

As we left our apartment and walked towards the lift, I placed my hand on her waist.

I'm sure this contact made her shiver. She looked at me and I just smiled at her, trying my best to hide the intense emotions in my eyes.

The lift doors opened and we stepped in. It was just the two of us and the tension and electricity between us just intensified and I know Abhidnya felt it too.

She just kept biting her lower lip and then pressed it under her teeth.

"Will you please stop that?" I said frustratingly while freeing her lower lip.

Now we were standing too close and I just have to lower my head so that our lips would be just mere inches away.

Just then the lift doors opened and we moved out.

I helped her into the front seat of the car and started the engine to pull the car on the streets of Mumbai.

I looked at Abhidnya, she looked lost in her thoughts. Just from her face, I can figure out that she's struggling with something.

"Abhi, what is it?" I asked, bringing her back from her lost thoughts.

"Umm... Nothing. It's just what you said in the morning is bothering me." She said hesitantly.

"What?" I gave her a questioning look.

God! This girl, she fucking remembers everything, EVERYTHING. And here I can't recollect what I had for lunch today.

"You said that I'm spoiling you. But I didn't. What made you think that?" She said still with confusion and I couldn't control my laughter but I so wanted to mess around, like of course.

"Abhidnya, what do you mean by what made me think huh? It is all your fault."

Now she was more confused. I wish I could mess around more but she would kill me.

"I have never had such a peaceful sleep in a very long time. Mostly, I don't sleep. I work most of the time or just stay awake doing stuff. But it's been two days that I have been sleeping soundly just like a child. Never I have missed my workout just because I woke up late. It hasn't happened until today."

"Oh!" That was all she had to say on this.

"No, I'm not complaining. I want to thank you for making me sleep carelessly like a child. And if we talk about spoiling me, there are surely other ways too."

"Shivansh, I'm really glad to hear this and also, uhh.. maybe, uh.. shut up?"

"You still hate when I flirt, don't you?"

"Yeah, I still don't like it."

Finally, we reached the destination and I helped Abhidnya out of the car.

We entered the huge villa and after a few formal introductions, I went on stage to make a toast.

"Attention guys."

"I would like to thank each and everyone of you for making this happen and for taking out time to celebrate the same. May we always be fired with enthusiasm for our work, and never fired enthusiastically by our clients. Cheers!"

I came back to Abhidnya and we engaged ourselves in discussions and meeting people. We had starters and now I was standing beside Abhidnya and surrounded by my friends.

"Shivansh, won't you introduce us to the beautiful lady standing next to you? Prateek asked admiring her.

"Uh... Yeah, this is Abhidnya Mehra, my best friend. And Abhi, these are all my friends."

I somewhere thought Abhidnya would just want to leave the party but she didn't say a word nor complained. She was trying her best to mingle with people.

"So, Abhidnya, what do you do?"

"I'm a neurologist."

We had our dinner and I asked Abhidnya for a dance.

"Do I get to dance with the beautiful lady standing in front of me?"

"Shivansh, right when I think you can't get any cheesier, you say something like this." She said rolling her eyes but placing her hand in mine.

I took the lead and she allowed me to. I puller her closed to me and she didn't resist.

"This wasn't that bad."

"You liked it? I thought now as we are alone, you would ask me about leaving this and going home."

"No, I did like it."

"Okay, but we have done our part can leave."

"Hmmm"

Twenty minutes later we were in the car driving back home.

The drive back home was silent. We entered our room and Abhidnya walked towards the bathroom to change and I went to another room to freshen up and sat in my study room.

Going through some files, I heard a knock on the door and I looked up.

"Would you please give me a notepad, if you have it?"

"Wait a minute, please sit. I'll get it."

"Here."

"Thanks." She took it and was about to get up when I stopped her.

"Abhidnya, thank you for accompanying me today."

"Well, pleasure is all mine."

"You can sit and work in this room, I don't mind."

"And what? Give you another chance of you blaming me for being a distraction from your work. No thanks!"

"I don't do that always, do I?"

"Oh, honey you don't miss any chance." With this, she left.

**************************************

Hope you guys like it.

Happy reading !!!

Do comment, vote, and share among your friends.

Social Media presence:

Instagram: @theheemalichaudhari [https://www.instagram.com/theheemalichaudhari/]

LinkedIn: Heemali Chaudhari [https://www.linkedin.com/in/theheemalichaudhari/]

Twitter: @theheemalic [https://twitter.com/theheemalic]

Quora: [https://www.quora.com/profile/Heemali-Chaudhari]