Yes. were.

"We've been bestfriends since college, Jiminie. I should have known you better. I should have looked at you and asked you what you had felt. It must've been so hard right?" Yoongi says, louder now. "It must've been so hard bottling up your feelings. It must've stressed you, destroyed you-" Yoongi continued.

Jimin stood still, silent.

"and what did i do? i did the same thing." Yoongi concluded.

Jimin freezed. the same thing?

Yoongi gulped his glass of whiskey, placed it at a nearby table and fully faced Jimin now.

"I- I did the same fucking thing, Jimin." Yoongi says, "I had a feeling you were bottling up your feelings but-" Yoongi looked away. "I didn't do anything about it." Yoongi chuckled dryly. "I- I watched you crumble... I watched..."

Jimin could hear a small sniff beside him.

Yoongi is crying.

"H-hyung! Hyung! Don't cry, Oh god." Jimin wiped his tears using his thumb. "It's not your fault, hyung. It's not." Jimin reassured. "This is all because of me."

Yoongi took a deep breath and looked at Jimin.

His eyes are watery and his nose turned pink from crying. Jimin looked at his eyes and waited for Yoongi to talk.

"Jimin..." Yoongi began, looking up to hide his face. "Don't blame yourself. We're not that different too."

"We're not... that different?" Jimin asks.

Yoongi shifted so he faces Jimin. "You see...Jimin, I liked you during college too." Jimin could hear his heart race. Liked me?  "Remember that kiss?" Yoongi asked.

Of course Jimin remembers that kiss.

"Yes... i remember." Jimin answers.

Jimin hears Yoongi sigh for the nth time today. "That day... I was conflicted of what I felt." He sniffed. "That kiss... was a goodbye. It was a goodbye to forget my feelings because I thought It wasn't mutual." Jimin could feel tears brimming his eyes once more.

"I wonder what would've happened if I pursued what I want? and didn't cowardly leave it behind?" Yoongi asks, voice low. "Would.... would we still be the same now...?"

Jimin looked away.

"Those were my thoughts every single day."
Yoongi concluded.

They were silent once more but it was full of tension now compared to earlier. The wind swaying the leaves of trees, the light clinks of glasses and people murmuring is heard from inside the bar.

"So... we liked each other then?" Jimin chuckled. "But we were too blinded by doubt we didn't do anything about it...".

"Yes... i guess we did." Yoongi said looking at Jimin with curiosity in his eyes. "Too bad it's... too late now."

Jimin looked at Yoongi and his chest hurts.

"I think we should take a break." Jimin begins, "I know this might be a little pathetic for me to say this but..." Jimin looked down again.

"It's the best decision.. for the both of us."

It went silent once more and the swaying of leaves were all that is heard.

Jimin then heard Yoongi hum.

Jimin swiftly looked at Yoongi and realized there were tears brimming in his eyes once again.

The fact that he saw Yoongi cry in front of him twice made him weak to his knees. Before he knew it, tears were also brimming in his own eyes.

After what felt like an hour of crying beside each other, Yoongi took Jimin's wrist and swiftly pulled him closer to him in a hug.

Jimin hugged him back as eagerly.

"I'm sorry Jimin. I'm so sorry for not doing anything, for running away, for every single fucking thing." Yoongi sniffed. "I didn't know... I didn't know you also felt that way about me either."

Jimin felt Yoongi gripping his shirt.

"It's okay, Hyung. It's okay." Jimin reassured. "Today is not the right time that we should be blaming ourselves. We need space."

"Space... to rethink everything." Jimin breathed in and closed his eyes.

If they stay that way forever he wouldn't mind.

They pulled back and stepped away from each other.

Both of them sighed and went back to stand beside each other.

Jimin is relieved that Yoongi agreed to let them have space to rethink. It truly is for the best for both of them.

"Heather...." Yoongi begins, "She knew I liked you. And she kept telling me You liked me too and I didn't believe her."

"I didn't believe it because why would you like someone like me?" Yoongi glanced at Jimin slightly.

"But she really is telling the truth." Yoongi finishes, taking his glass of whiskey from the table to take a small sip.

Jimin remains silent.

"Today... we both planned to be staying in my apartment to catch up with what has been happening between the both of us and go to a restaurant for dinner so, initially, I was not supposed to be here." Yoongi starts again.

"She read your message from my phone and decided we should cancel our dinner and let me come here."

Jimin now gets it.

She knew all along.

Jimin is very thankful for Heather. If not because of her, he wouldn't be here infront of Yoongi.

"Oh." Jimin smiled.

"Yeah." Yoongi replied.

After a few minutes of silence, Yoongi finished his glass of whiskey and faced Jimin.

"So, this is Goodbye then?" He says quietly.

Jimin nodded. "Yeah... it is."

They smiled at each other once more and Yoongi walked away.

Jimin looked down, heart hurting. Letting go of someone sure is hard.

But then he heard Yoongi call his name once more, so he looked up and saw Yoongi turning around to face him.

"See you once fate calls us back to each other?" Yoongi says, looking at Jimin expectingly.

It all happens so quickly, the wind is much stronger now, enough to move both of their hair and clothes to the side.

It's like we're both main characters of one book.

Jimin smiled widely, pure and heartwarming.  "See you. Once fate calls us back to each other."

They then waved each other goodbye.

-----

An: so.... ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

the chapter after this would be the outro (finale) and omg i suck at endings so forgive me in advanceTT

thank you sooooo much for coming to read this chapter !!! i love you all so much🥺♡ see you in the last one !!

(oh and i have a book ready for yall to read so please check it out!! i'll be posting it after posting the finale!)

p.s u are loved♡