"Am I to assume that this isn't the only thing that you have withheld from me?"

"I think you are just to assume that perhaps you don't know me as well as you thought you did."

"Grace, I know you better than you know yourself." Nik spat; it seemed the revelation of the web of lies hurt him more than it was her.

"Brother, I think you a missing a rather important step in this whole mess." Rebekah chimed in. "To transition into a werewolf, one must first kill, and our little munchkin couldn't harm a fly, so she's no proper werewolf, not yet."

"No," Nik whispered. "The eyes don't change until after the gene is triggered."

"Killing...killing her triggered this? Made me this." Grace spluttered, her eyes widening as she realised what she had said.

"Her who?" Asked Nik. As he stepped forward, she took a step back.

"Nik?" She asked, unsure as his own eyes flashed black and gold.

"There haven't been many opportunities for you to go around knocking off humans, Grace, and would have to of been recently, or you would have already had your first transformation."

"Nik, please." It was a pitiful squeak, she could hardly believe she was begging, but a solitary tear tracked down her cheek as she looked at him with wide eyes.

"Tell me!" He roared, his voice making her jump. Breathing in sharply, he regained himself. "Tell me, Grace."

"Gloria." Grace hiccuped, trying to wipe the tears of fear from her face. "Gloria, I'm so sorry."

"Gloria? You killed her?" Asked Nik, the undertone of anger rising again in his voice. "So she's not gone - she is dead."

"I had to," Grace whispered, not evening trying to rationalise her actions any further. She shouldn't have let that slip - it put both her and Stefan in a precarious place.

"What do you mean you had to." Nik's eyes narrowed. "What did she do?"

"It is my fault," Stefan said, stepping forward.

"Stefan, no," she called out, her eyes begging him to shut up.

"It's alright - it's my fault you are in this situation anyway." He turned to Nik, ready to confess. "Gloria found out where the necklace was, but she needed me to put the pieces together."

"And why would that be?" Rebekah asked; the squabble with Grace paled compared to the knowledge of her necklace and where it might be.

"Because she found out that the necklace was in Mystic Falls." He took a deep breath. He knew he had to continue - be speaking at all. He had opened the flood gates to the entire truth. He could back out now, but Nik would find the truth out sooner or later. He had a choice to make - protect Elena, doing what he had done for so long, or tell the truth and try to protect Grace.

"Go on." Nik motioned for him to continue, his demeanour looked calm, but his face was contorted in anger at Stefan and Grace's betrayal. He couldn't even look at Grace.

Stefan sighed; he had made up his mind - made his choice.

"Elena has the necklace."

Grace didn't even see Nik move toward him - all she saw was Stefan's body drop to the ground as his neck was snapped. The scream left her lips before she could even process what was happening.

She didn't feel the slight pinch in her neck, but as her head got lighter and her eyelids heavier, she spun round to find one of the goons leaning over her, needle in hand.  Nik didn't seem surprised. In fact, the last thing she remembered was him tell the man to catch her on the way down.