"You hunted Sutton across the country to exact vengeance on my behalf."

Stefan couldn't even begin to decipher Grace's expression.

"He helped the man who hurt you."

And for the first time Stefan understood. Grace's pain was Klaus' pain, regardless of the twisted path he took to get there Klaus really did do this for Grace because he cared about he. The intention was there the execution was just lacking... 

"And now he's dead." Grace snapped. Perhaps the execution wasn't lacking.

"Yes we'll I suppose he didn't deserve the attention, he wasn't deserving of another second in this world."

"I need to go for a walk."

"Grace!"

"No Nik, I just...I need some air." Flinging her door open she left, dog in tow. Nik moved to follow but Stefan had other ideas.

"She needs a moment."

"Like hell she does. What's wrong with her, what did I do?"

"Look most girls appreciate a good grand gesture: some flowers, chocolates, a car, a ring. Hunting down a guy connecting to the man that ruined her life and haunted her ever since is big and killing him is huge. Grace can't process that - not in the way you would, certainly not as quick as either of us can. You forget who she is sometimes, she may be intensely strong but you have to remember how human she too."

"Don't lecture me on her character, I know her."

"If you know her, you'd know why going to Chicago would stress her out and why you murdering Ray Sutton as some part of a revenge scheme on her behalf is too much for her."

"And how would you know about his huh? Because that's what you seem to be getting at Stefan - that you know and I don't."

"I know because we talked about it."

"When, when did the two of you have such a nice heart to heart."

"When you went back to the bar. She had a lot to say and I listened."

"I see." His tone suggested otherwise but Stefan figured Klaus didn't care much for his wellbeing at that point in time so he kept his mouth shut.

Grace had now come back to the car, her cheeks were tears stained but she held her head high.

"I don't wanted to go to Chicago."

"Grace he is locked in a secure facility, he won't be anywhere near you and I'll be by your side the entire time - nothing can hurt you." Klaus tried again, this time with an ounce more tact.

"Nik you don't understand, he doesn't need to be in the same room to hurt me."

"If it's purely psychology what's the difference between here and the city."

And there went the tact.

"Physical distance is...well I suppose it's a logical comforter. He's ruthlessly smart, Nik what he did to me, to my parents. Our house was the last in a long line that he visited before leading police on a chase with me in the..."