~ 5 ~

Chapter five: Griddy's Doughnuts Is Where The Tasering Is At

"During extreme weather conditions, a climber must possess the wisdom to determine when evacuation is inevitable

"During extreme weather conditions, a climber must possess the wisdom to determine when evacuation is inevitable..."

Agatha heard the bell for dinner ring from her room. "Shit" she mumbled. One more page, just one more page, her eyes quickened their pace at which they scanned the page, she as nearly at the end of her chapter.

"Co-come on Aggie" Diego moaned from the doorway.

"Just one more page," she said not looking up.

Diego rolled his eyes and snatched the book from his sisters grasp, he marked her page for her though knowing if he didn't she'd get revenge, and dragged her up.

Agatha pouted at her brother, hoping he'd change her mind and leave her in her room to read, but she knew that'd never happen.

"You can re-read later," he said.

"Fine" Agatha sighed crossing her arms over her chest.

They met the rest of their siblings at the top of the stairs, they had all waited for Agatha and Diego knowing they'd be the last to arrive.

"Agatha was reading" Diego explained for their lateness, he needn't have bothered they all knew their sisters afternoon schedule.

"What were you reading this time?" Vanya asked genuinely interested.

"A book on plants!" Agatha said brightly, she looked back in the direction of her room wishfully that was slowly getting further away.

"No," Diego said knowing what she was thinking.

They arrived at the dining hall in silence and stood behind their allocated chair. Luther and Allison sat opposite each other, Diego and Agatha, Ben and Klaus, and finally Five and Vanya. They waited for their father who entered without a word, pulled out his chair and stood before it.

"Sit," he said.

They did and immediately began to eat. The Hargreeves children weren't allowed to talk during meal times, which Agatha hated, so instead, they did other things.

Looking around the table to see what her siblings were doing Agatha observed that Allison and Luther were sneaking glances at each across the table, right under their father's nose. Not smart.

Diego was carving into the table with a knife. Feral child.

Klaus was rolling a joint. Where the hell did he get that?

Vanya wasn't doing anything apart from eating.

And Ben was...reading.

Agatha scowled, she kicked Diego's leg under the table. Diego jumped slightly at the sudden contact and they both froze in case their father saw - he didn't. Agatha jerked her head in Ben's direction, Diego followed it, a smirk grew in his face and he shrugged innocently at Agatha. Little shit.