To Thine Own Self Be True

Katsumi shut the door behind herself, being the last to enter the house on their way back from spending the day with Akito. Tohru, and Yuki stood in the kitchen waiting to greet everyone with pancakes. Katsumi denied Tohru's offer for food, and sat herself down in a chair with a glass of hot tea. She remained silent as constant chatter filled the room. Katsumi tightened her grip around the steaming mug, her head spinning. She could feel the burning sensation that stung her hands, but she welcome the feeling- it was something other than the nauseating fear that gripped her stomach.

"Meine schwester, do you really not want pancakes? Hatori said you hadn't had lunch or dinner." Katsumi remained silent, her brothers words unheard.

This world was better off without you...

Nobody wants you...

Nobody needs you...

Nobody cares about you...

You're mine...

You belong to me, and only me...

Katsumi's hands went slack around her cup, her gaze hollow and defeated. Everyone's attention was on her now, but Katsumi was unaware. She was lost in her own thoughts, the memories she thought she had buried for good, once again resurfacing.

- - -

Katsumi kneeled in front of Akito, her head bowed as Akito paced back and forth in his room. He was seething, anger had never been so evident on his face. Of course he was mad, Yuki had just moved out of the estate. Leaving her, and leaving him. The two for once, had both felt betrayed.

"You did this, you know that? It's your fault! You're such a disgusting, filthy creature it chased away Yuki!" Akito snarled, turning around and smashing his favourite vase into the side of her head. Katsumi weakly props herself up using her arm, blood dripping from the side of her head.

"I know..." She whispers, ducking her head.

"Maybe if you weren't such a pathetic thing, he would have stayed!" He grabs her by her hair, pulling her to her feet. Katsumi stood weakly, warm blood tricking down her cheeks.

"Yes, he may have..." She agreed softly, blood mingled with tears. He was right, perhaps if she was anyone else Yuki would have stayed.

"What do you have to say for yourself," he spat, glaring venomous dragger into her.

"I'm so s-sorry!" Katsumi sobbed, her knees buckling beneath her. Akito scoffed, letting go of her hair. She fell to the floor with a thud, her body so weak it could no longer support itself.

"You're pathetic, truly pathetic Katsumi. You disgust me." The family head sneered, landing one last kick to her abdomen before exiting the room. Katsumi laid on the floor, drench in her own blood and tears. Too weak to move, and too far gone to care.

- - -

"Katsumi," Yuki called waving his hand in front of her face. She blinked, tilting her head to the side as she looked around the room. Everyone's eyes were on her. She swiftly got to her feet, and silently exited the room.

Too far gone to care.

Life was never meant to be this kind to her, Akito was right... She didn't belong here.

- - -

Katsumi stood in the kitchen early the next morning, staring absentmindedly out the window. She pressed her hand to the side of her head, feeling the little bumps that lined her skull. Scars. This was her duty, to lessen the burden on everyone else. She didn't belong in the world outside of the one Akito offered her, she didn't deserve to have fun, or feel love. She was Akito's, she belonged to him.