Chapter Sixty Five

Start from the beginning

"Just the first wave? How many more are there? If we're already struggling, then how are we supposed to beat them back?"

Yongbok sighed and shook his head. "Let's just pray that the other troops come soon."

~oOo~

(Six Hours Later)

The sun was beginning to set behind the mountain and yet the screams and battle cries of the allied countries along with the southern countries filled the air.

Prince Minho's men had been holding their position by the river side. The coming of the Geulimja troops had helped them greatly as they charged into battle, led by Captain Choi San and Choi Jongho.

But still, they were struggling. Their odds were better but no good. Minho had been cut up already since he was in the front lines, and his armor was long gone.

Changbin was in bad shape. Still limping badly and now with an open bleeding gash on his arm.

"Go rest!" Minho ordered as he stood in the tall branches of a tree, Changbin standing below and unable to climb up because of his leg. "I'll keep watch from here."

At the moment, the wave had stopped and they had driven back the remaining Southern soldiers or taken them prisoner. Minho had ordered they not be slaughtered like animals. They were simply serving their king.

"You need more rest then I do," Changbin muttered, leaning against the trunk. "You've been at the front all day. Just go back and rest."

"I'm resting right now," Minho muttered as he leaned back against the trunk as well from his branch.

"Some actual sleep."

"There's no need. I practiced not sleeping for months. I am perfectly fine."

Changbin sighed and shook his head. "Whatever you say. But at least get your wound tended to."

Minho looked down at the bleeding wound to his stomach that was wrapped in white cloth. He had been stabbed. But the blade had hardly cut him. He was alright.

"You need more care yourself," Minho called back down. "Yongbok is going to kill me after he kills you if you die."

"Thank goodness I'll already be dead then."

"May the gods save your soul from him," Minho sat down on the branch still keeping a watchful eye out. But he let his mind wander slightly as the forest turned dark. Jisung was still waiting for him. Not to mention his children. They were all waiting for Minho to finish this and return back to him.

So that was what he was planning on doing.

~oOo~

(The Next Morning)

It was an uneventful night. The southern troops had pulled away to rest which meant that the allied troops could rest as well.

Changbin went back to get his wound healed to the best of the doctor's ability while Minho kept watch and rested in his tree all night.

When morning came, Captain Kim came to find him.

"Our losses were minimal, but we did not gain any ground. None of the Generals have returned, and none of their brothers have fallen."

"Good," Minho nodded to him. "We must gather here within the hour to speak of our next move. Please locate everyone and bring them here."

"Yes, of course, Your Highness," Captain Kim bowed his head and turned to find the other captains.