29. For the First Time

Seokjin’s P.O.V.:

“Jin-ah?” A soft voice floated in through my grogginess and I pulled the jacket down my face to see Mrs. Kim looking down at me with concern thick in her eyes. I straightened up feeling embarrassed suddenly.

“What happened? What are you doing sleeping here?”  

“Umm..I just-um- must’ve dozed off” I tried a weak attempt to laugh it off.

I realized it’s way deep into the night, the shadows of Tae’s enrage still lurking quietly around the glum corners of the empty living room making me bristle and look down at my hands.

I couldn’t go to upstairs, feeling so guilty and small after the way he burst out at me. I just want things to go back to normal, it feels like everything is going at lightning speed in my life, spiralling down towards some awaiting disaster.

Should have thought about it earlier I guess, before marrying the very person who had been enjoying being my rival and getting on my nerves and chasing me through the last few months.

“I have been so stupid..ugh” I have officially fucked everything up in my life. In both of our lives if I am being truthful. I have ruined our chances at a happy normal life, our chances at an actual relationship, or our chances at real love.

All we know is how to be dysfunctional, impulsive and reckless.

But the thing is I have never felt like this before, I’ve never let anyone be rude to me or rather ever given a fuck about who did ‘cause it didn’t matter.

But his infuriated episode made me realize something, my actions had actually hurt him and that hurt in his eyes...it..it bothered me. The little dot of pain in my chest and the guilt making my gut shrivel held enough proof that I was actually regretful but how do I apologize to him without letting him know how much that hurt in his eyes was bothering me!

“Shit..” I grumbled under my breath as I dragged a palm down my face.

It doesn’t need a genius to realize what my stupid heart was playing beyond my control, I have actually signed my death note by falling in my own trap that I had designed to fool the world, guess I overestimated myself.

“Why don’t you go and talk to him?” I flinched back to reality to see Mrs. Kim still sitting in front of me, gazing at me with a knowing smile.

“Yeah-yeah I’ll just go...and” I hastily pick myself up, not forgetting my suit jacket “I need to grab some sleep too..it’s been a long day. Goodnight..” I avoid meeting her eyes and she just nods not getting into further conversation.

I walk up to the room and put my ear against the door to check if he’s asleep, I hear nothing but my hand is still hesitant over the door knob.

“Gotta talk to him anyway, not like it can get any worse than this” I mumbled to myself as I steeled my heart to face him.

The room is quite dark and I walk in stealthily, my eyes settling in the faint glow of the night light to notice him lying curled up on my side of the bed and hugging my pillow. Almost unbelievable that this was the same man who was breathing fire at me a few hours ago.

I hastily freshen up and make my way back to the bed, choosing to lie on his side since he had taken over mine.

For awhile I lay on my back and stare at the ceiling, going over his words in my head. I was a bit upset because he didn’t let me explain but in truth I couldn’t be angry with his words. I did choose to avoid him, chose to ignore his calls and texts telling myself that I was busy or more like why would it even matter if I care or not, took everything about him casually probably because I kept telling myself that I didn’t care about anything related to him, merely being a dysfunctional couple hitched together to live a lie.