-Chapter Seventeen: Trial-

Start from the beginning

Cathy smiles and lets go of Eddie, exclaiming, "sure! Leave it to me!"

Cathy turns to you and clears her throat. The spotlight focuses on the both of you, momentarily blinding you.

"Listen to this, everyone!" Cathy yells, "the person you see here looks like no more than a sweet little girl...but on the inside she is black as midnight! Without a doubt, she is...a bona fide witch."

"I'm not a witch," you say with a straight face, staring at Cathy as she walks over to you.

"So shameless. You're so good at telling blatant lies with such a straight face, aren't you?" Cathy says as she leans closer to you. You simply glare.

She giggles and turns away from you, looking towards the projector screen. "Look everyone! Take a look at this!"

The projector shows the scene of you and Eddie at the dollhouse, where you were giving instructions.

"She used Eddie as a tool!" Cathy yells, pointing at you, "isn't she awful?"

"That's not what happened!" Eddie yells, pointing at Cathy with an annoyed expression. To you, his expression was cute.

"This won't pass for evidence," Danny tells Cathy.

Cathy turns her head, her eyes bloodshot as she mumbles, "you people...need to keep quiet!"

Cathy takes her heel and steps on Eddie's foot, digging it into his foot.

Eddie yelps in pain as tears fill his eyes.

"Eddie!" you exclaim, concern gleaming in your eyes.

Gray bangs the gavel down onto the table, gaining everyone's attention. "Order in the court! Catherine Ward, do you have further testimony?"

Cathy continues stepping on Eddie's small foot as he cries tears of pain. She spins around,  her heel further hurting Eddie.

"Of course I do! I was torn away from my role as judge by this little witch's hand," Cathy says.

Eddie tries to get away from Cathy, his foot hurting like crazy. Cathy steps off his foot, making Eddie topple over.

The screen then projects the scene where you and Eddie were on Cathy's floor in the room where Cathy was killed.

"(Y/n) (L/n) was a tamed criminal. It was so pitiful to watch that I went down to the floor they were on....and then this girl...went and shot me! A judge being outmaneuvered," Cathy looks at you, her face now littered with blood, "and shot by a criminal is something that can't be allowed to happen. You are an unbelievably cunning woman in the guise of a shameless criminal."

Cathy's eyes widen as she stares at you with a frown.

"You can be nothing but a witch."

"I never intended to outmaneuver-"

"Shut up, bitch!" Cathy cuts you off, breathing heavily.

Eddie, who had finally recovered from the pain in his foot, was staring at Cathy wide-eyed. Danny walks up to Cathy.

"I'd like to see the rest of your video, Cathy," Danny says, smirking. Cathy flinches and glares at Danny. She asks, "what are you saying now?"

"Would you show us the rest of the video?"

Cathy plays the rest of the video for the rest of the people in the room.

"Cathy, how do you explain that expression?" Danny asks, pausing the screen on Cathy's large smirk as she got shot.