Chapter 1

Kelechi

"Change it back, Now!" I screamed at Uche. I had been watching Victorious, when I noticed that the cheese in my hand finished. I just left to get more only to come back to see Uche watching sports. He changed the channel. How dare he?

He didn't even notice me, he just continued watching the stupid match on TV. Out of anger, I switched off the TV.

"Kelly, switch it on" he said in a commanding tone. Like I was someone he could command.

"It's Kelechi to you. And don't you dare use that tone on me."

"I'm waiting. Switch it on." he said in a duh tone as if he didn't hear what I said.

"If I ever switch it on, it'd be for Victorious not some boring football"
I turned it on and started watching Victorious.

"Ok. I'm going to be the adult and leave the TV for my baby cousin." He said as he went upstairs, probably to his room.

Annoying. He thought he could have his way just because he's older by a day. Just a day o. And he's acting all senior and mature. Calling me a baby. We'll see who the baby is when he's hungry - I said to myself.

By then, I had lost focus on the movie I was watching. When I realised and decided to focus on the movie, NEPA took the light. I mean, there was a black out. It's kinda common here. No light and that meant no TV.
It's all his fault. If he hadn't carried his body here and touched the remote. I would still be watching TV.

It'd been twelve hours since I learnt that he was here. And in those hours, I couldn't do anything in peace. He had spent the night calling and laughing. And I could hear him clearly because my room is right next to his. Just a wall separating us.

He had laughed and talked all-night while I had cried myself to sleep. Do you know how pesky it is to hear someone laugh and talk while you cry?

And what was worse was his British accent.

I really needed to go out. So I won't have to tolerate him. So, I went to the kitchen to make myself something to eat before leaving.

🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃

And that's chapter one.
What do you think?
I know it's short. I'll try making a longer chapter next time.