8 | poker face

can't read my, can't read my

no he can't read my poker face

His voice was alluringly deep and hypnotic, and I almost swooned right there. That one word alone sent my body into overdrive of ecstasy, shivers running down my spine.

Was this ... an orgasm?

I heard someone snort from somewhere around me.

"Her?" sneered Valerie, as she bit back a laugh. "Are you sure?" A few other people started chuckling along with her.

"Are you questioning me?" The threat in his icy voice was clear as day, causing everyone to snap their mouths shut.

"I apologize on behalf of my pack, Alpha," Alpha James quickly intervened, a slight tremor in his voice. "What she meant was, surely it couldn't have been Ms. Willows that escaped you. She's hardly trained!"

Alpha Rowan ignored him.

"Look at me."'

My mind was a mess, muddled with his presence, and I fell victim to his command. I lifted my gaze up to meet his and the instant I did, I was frozen. His honey orbs pierced into mine for a moment, before running down my body. Something in his eyes clicked, a confirmation of some sort.

"As I said before, it's her," he spoke in a harsh calm. His irises flicked up to meet mine once more, before he turned to face Alpha James.

"She will be coming with me," Alpha Rowan stated with firm finality.

"There is no need for that, I assure you Alpha Eastwood," Alpha James spoke in a rush. "If it is indeed Reya, as you said so, then I will see to it myself that she is punished for her actions. She always has been quite the troublemaker," he finished, eyeing me with a smug look on his face.

Alpha Rowan focused on Alpha James, staring at him with such intensity that I was sure he would disintegrate.

"She trespassed on my land and is therefore my prisoner, and will consequently suffer my punishments."

I was saddened by his words. He spoke so easily about hurting me and still hadn't given any indication about me being his mate.

Alpha James shifted uncomfortably. "Very well, uh, Alpha Eastwood. I think that sounds very agreeable."

They were talking about me as if I was some item they were exchanging! The blinding effects of the mate bond were forgotten as I switched from my entranced state to a very angry one. My wolf was livid at the disrespect coming from the two males in front of her.

"And what about what I think?" I interjected, having finally found my voice. Alpha James and Alpha Rowan snapped their heads towards me, as if realizing for the first time that I was truly there.

"If you would take a minute to think, Alpha Eastwood," I spat his name out venomously, "you would see that I am not a threat to you or your pack. As everyone has so kindly mentioned, I barely have any training, meaning I wouldn't be capable of harming anyone, let alone someone from your well-trained pack.

"Honestly, this whole ordeal is quite ridiculous really," I rambled on in an attempt to get out of my current situation, "and punishing me is completely unnecessary. It would just be a waste of your time and resources. So letting me go would actually benefit you -"

"Will you shut up?" Alpha Rowan gritted out.

I gasped. "Manners!" Maybe I could annoy him into letting me go. "That is no way to ask someone to stop speaking. Now, let's try again shall we? And this time with a little more politeness, if that's even something you're capab -"