Chapter 5

This can't be happening, I had a whole life to live. My eyes don't define me, I define me. I feel myself slowly losing grip of consciousness. Black spots started to dazel my vision, my eyes drooping.

As I stand on the edge of the cliff, I hear my heart drumming in my ears and my blood curdling. My brother, he fell off the cliff, my Mother is screaming his name, a martya. My Father just kneeled on the gravel path looking at nothing in particle, salty tears blurring his vision. He was still alive, he could be rescued but he was fading fast. The cliff is a monster, chaining me up to a mystery. All I have to do is jump. I feel as small as a mouse, crumpling up against the rocky cliff. There is a portal to a haven at the bottom that will catch me. I feel my head throbbing and my palms soaking wet. I'm sick and pale with terror. It's either this or no brother.. It's either jump or nothing. I feel like I'm about to throw up, no, this is it. Be brave. Slowly, I lean forward. This is it. I jumped.

Flames engulfed my vision, you let out screams of terror as your Mother lay in a pool of her own blood. She suddenly sits up and looks you straight in the eye. "You could have saved me" She whispered. "You could have saved all of us" She gestured around the room. Your blood runs cold. Jacob, Father, Nick and his little sister Penny lay on the ground unmoving. Dead. Small little innocent Penny who would plait my hair when she saw you sad. Dead. I start to run, trying to escape this hell. Smoke erupted in my nostrils and flames, everywhere. The man chuckles in front of you, smirking with snake-like eyes. Everything goes black as you feel a cold breath on your ear saying "I know,"

I wake up panting, I cradle my head in my hands when I remember it was all a nightmare. Or was it? What lengths would they go to to make the torture unbearable. Can't they just kill me? I started to struggle but with every movement the chains got tighter. The door creaks open as I see who is standing there. A gasp escaped my mouth as you looked at him. It was Nick.