21: Closer Than You Think

Start from the beginning

"It totally looks sleepable," I gave them a thumbs up.

"Right?" Derek says patting the tent and a pole from the tent falls on impact.

"We can totally fix this," Ridge says and picks the pole up.

He tries to find where the pole goes and finally manages to fit it somewhere.

"See! As good as new," Ridge says.

"No! Even better than new!" Derek says patting the tent again, but this time keeping his hand light, hardly touching the tent.

This time the entire tent came crumbling down to their feet.

"I don't understand how that's even possible," Derek says.

"Yeah, we used every single piece in the bag," Ridge says kicking the bag away, while the bag made clink and clank sounds.

Carson eyes the bag then says, "I think your tent was mostly standing on vibes."

"Oh, yeah. If you're so good at it, then why don't you show us how to put it up," Derek challenges Carson.

"Not falling for that one, come on Ashley. Let's go get some sleep," Carson says getting up.

We both ended up going in our tent as Ridge and Derek started shouting at each other and after a few minutes I fell asleep.

***

I wake up early in the morning but to my surprise I was alone in the tent. Carson was not with me.

I leave my tent and see that Derek and Ridge's tent was even worse than last night. I got ready for the day and had breakfast with Chloe and Amber. Derek, Ridge and Carson didn't show up for breakfast either.

After breakfast I informed Gage that I would be leaving to go to the pandas.

"Oh Good, I should come along to see the pandas too, just give me a minute," Gage said.

Gage finished his breakfast and we were walking in the big garden. We came to the intersection in the garden where the path intersects into 4 different roads, all four sides of the garden had different colored roses planted along the way, Red, white, yellow and pink.

We took the pink one which leads to the zoo, "Where does the other roads go?" I ask Gage.

"The white one goes to the stream the red one goes to an orchard owned by Arick and-," Gage says but I interrupt him.

"Arick?" I ask.

"Arick Ashton, Ridge's older brother," he answers.

"Oh, I knew Ridge had a brother, but never asked him his name, how silly of me."

"Well, here are the keys to the cage, Good luck for today," he said giving me the keys.

"Thanks, Goodbye."

"No problem, by the way do you know where the trouble makers are?" Gage asks me.

"You mean Derek, Ridge and Carson?" I asked.

"Uhh, Yeah? You are their friend, Right?" He asks.