Klave || breakfast

sᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ᴛʀᴀᴠᴇʟ ᴏɴ ᴀᴄᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴏғ ᴍʏ
ᴜɴʀᴀᴠᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ɴᴏᴡ ʟᴇᴛs ᴇᴀᴛ sᴏᴍᴇ ғᴏᴏᴅ

It took three months of dating for Dave to finally have breakfast with the Hargreeve family. 

He passed them every morning as he did the walk of shame from Klaus's bedroom, he often shared cups of tea with Vanya and Luther and he even had late dinners with the family insomniacs; but he never ate breakfast with them. 

It was Diego who suggested it. Dave had awkwardly passed him in the hallway as he scurried to the door. Diego watched after him before joining his siblings in the kitchen. 

"Dave should eat with us tomorrow" he said in more of a statement then a suggestion. 

Klaus, who was sitting cross legged on the counter spreading marmalade on toast, suddenly snaps to attention. He looked around to his siblings who seem unfazed by the idea. 

"Like . . . for breakfast?" Klaus inquired, as if Diego could mean anything else. 

"Mom will make pancakes. He likes pancakes, right?" Diego asked casually as he makes coffee. 

"Right" Klaus murmured.

Now, he's lying in bed as his boyfriend quietly gets dressed. Dave slips on his trousers and shorts in an attempt to not wake up Klaus. He fails. Klaus rolls over to face Dave, opening one eye with a soft smile. 

"Mornin'" he grumbles.

Dave turns to him, breaking into a smile. 
"Good morning" he bends down to plant a kiss on Klaus's head. Klaus grabs his arm with a groan as Dave pulls away. 

"Wait wait wait wait wait don't go" Klaus sits up, holding onto his boyfriend's wrist and bicep.

"You know the deal" Dave says. "I stay for night but I'm gone for morning"

"You don't have to be. What about you stay for breakfast?"

Dave chuckles a little, a little confused. "Breakfast?"

"Yeah, breakfast. Mom's making pancakes" 

"I mean . . ." Dave thinks for a moment, drumming his fingers on Klaus's hand. "I like pancakes"

"Shit yeah you like pancakes" Klaus pulls him into a soft kiss. 

The couple join the rest of the Hargreeve's in the kitchen, Klaus getting more anxious with every step. His family aren't really the most welcoming. The tend to scream and shout more than they hug and love. If they scare Dave off, Klaus doesn't know what he'll do. 

As soon as they step into the kitchen, they are greeted by Diego yelling, "MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!" 
Diego pushes past them, sprinting out of the kitchen into the hall. Klaus and Dave exchange a look before looking to the disaster Diego is running from. Grace is nowhere in sight. Luther and Vanya are panicking by the stove which is currently on fire. Allison clutches a pan of burnt batter, which also happens to be on fire. Five is currently drinking coffee in the corner, watching the chaos go down. Klaus and Dave watch, wide eyed. 

"MOVE MOVE MOVE!" Diego runs back into the room, fire extinguisher in hand. He haphazardly sprays the white foam around the kitchen, soaking everyone inside until they resemble melted snowmen. The fires' are put out. Everyone goes quiet. 

Panting, Diego drops the extinguisher to the floor. He turns to Dave with a smile and an outstretched hand, 
"Dave! It's great to formally meet you. Coffee?"

The Hargreeves seem to go on business as usual. Vanya casually searches for a mop to clean up the mess as Allison decides to go out and buy doughnuts for breakfast instead. 
Dave kisses Klaus on the temple. 
"Your family are insane. I love them"

Klaus raises a relieved eyebrow. "They're your family too. Consider yourself just as insane as the rest of us"

•••
(That was short but I hope you liked it!"

I thought that after the release of UA season 2 that I would go back to updating this book- but no. I have more writers block than ever. 

BUT I am coming back. Chapters will be on the shorter side but I'll make them the best that I can. 

What do you want to see? Any specific ships? Any specific x Reader's? Fluff? Angst? Tell me what you want and I will definitely write it. 

Until next time,
- Avery