Chapter 6

Carmilla’s Story (continued) 

Camila stood at the door; she was looking at her feet. That was the first indication something was wrong. I leapt to my feet and pushed Camila aside. There was no time for hearing more bad news. Laura was my main priority, always. The room was back to its original lay out; Laura’s bed on one side, mine on the other. I guess this gave more room for Camila to work. Laura was lying on my bed, she looked normal aside from a few small burn marks that covered her arms and chin. Nothing like the horrifying mess, she was in when I had to leave her.

"Carmilla, she’s going to be ok. She’s just a little drowsy right now. The spell I casted on her was very complicated, so that’s why she’s unconscious right now." Camila said sitting on the end of Laura’s bed. I wasn’t really listening to her after she said ‘She’s going to be ok.’ Laura was alive. I brushed a strand of hair out of Laura’s face. While smiling and felt my eyes begin to burn. I wasn’t crying, I just became extremely happy too quickly. Aside the point, she’s alive. I didn’t lose her. She is alive. I sat on the floor and leaned my head back on my bed still smiling. Quickly I stopped, realizing Lauren and Camila had been watching me.

"What tweetle dumbass and tweetle dipshit." I said upholding my reputation to be The Queen of Snark.

"Charming, Carmilla." Lauren said, looking to Camila who was laughing.

"I try." I replied. Camila then finally spoke up.

"You two are definitely siblings."

"Which reminds me, mysterious doctor-wizard. Who the fuck are you." I questioned looking back to check on Laura, she was still resting peacefully.

"She’s my exe." Lauren said answering for Camila.

"Excuse me?" I narrowed my eyes at Lauren.

"How’d you know that?" Camila question my sister with a bit of intensity, as if she was hiding something.

"I read our old text messages, something about going to a dance and how we broke up?" Lauren answered.

"Well I mean-" Camila was cut off by Laura groggily calling out my name. I stood up and put my hand on her shoulder.

"Laura, cupcake, I’m right here." She cried out my name again and grabbed the side of my- very torn- plaid flannel. "Laura I’m right here." I said looking over her tiny body, worried that something Camila, The Shady Teenage Witch, did had made Laura even more ill. She gripped my shit very tight. I grabbed her freezing hand hoping to comfort her. Swallowing hard, I repeated myself, "Laura I’m right here." Then she opened her eyes, slowly. She took a quick glance around the room until she fixated her eyes on me. A huge smile came across her face, which made me smile back at her.

"Carm." Laura finally said. I leaned down, hugged her, and kissed her temple. I assumed Camila and Lauren left the room while Laura was still waking up. I say this because I don’t hear there annoying murmurs about pop culture, I swear this generation is the worst to come.

"How do you feel, Cupcake?" I said releasing her from my hug. She looked around again, obviously confused.

"Why am I alive?"

"Camila… The witch girl…. She saved you. You fell into the fire I tried to jump after you and catch you but we both ended up a little fried. The problem was vampires heal a lot faster than humans." I was still smiling and brushing Laura’s hair. Although it might be affectionate and gross, she’s alive and that’s all I truly cared about. Laura tried to stand up but winced. "You’re still a little burnt up, it’s a lot better than you were, but you should rest. I thought I was going to lose you." Laura then put her hand on my cheek and slowly leaned up to me, so her chapped lips were almost touching mine. Then I leaned in so our lips touched and Laura leaned back down on the bed. I crawled on the bed with her lips still locked and my hand still running through her hair. She pulled away for a second and looked at me smiling.

"Thank you for saving me. You big heroic, and a little crispy, vampire."

"Well I can’t take credit for all the saving-your-ass this time." She giggled and leaned into kiss me one more time but before her lips touched mine, he pulled back again.

"Carm…"

"What is it, Cupcake?" I said moving my hands so they were resting on Laura’s waist.

"I…" She stopped and looked down smiling nervously.

"Laura, what’s wrong?" I said worried. She laughed a little.

"Nothing. It’s just I… I love you Carm. I love you so much." I rolled my eyes still smiling at how adorable she was.

"Affection and saying over played works is disgusting," She slapped my arm. "Ow! You didn’t let me finish. Affection is gross," I restated, "But I love you more than anything else on this cruel world." Then Laura pulled me back into a kiss. Wrapping her arms behind my back. Skin was touching and we just stayed that way for a while, until Laura became sleepy.

"I love you, Carm."

"I love you too, Laura."