"Someone is downstairs," he said getting up. Layla followed him down the steps, to see Alaric standing in her kitchen holding a bag of food. His eyes went wide when he saw Klaus.

Layla sighed, knowing Alaric would become suspicious of why Klaus was here and her appearance in her pajamas. "Ric why are you here so early?"

Alaric didn't take his eyes off of Klaus, "I brought you breakfast, since you have school today, plus I haven't heard from you all summer."

Layla sighed, accepting the food, "Klaus was just stopping by. Weren't you Klaus?"

He smirked, "Of course love. I'm taking it as a no for the road trip?"

Layla hesitated for a moment. She was torn, not sure what the right answer was. Klaus flashed her a smile before slipping out of her house. Layla frowned, not wanting him to leave yet.

"What was that about?" Alaric asked her immediately.

"It's a long story, involving a curse, a never ending cycle of me, and my untimely death," Layla told him.

Alaric looked at her confused, "Okay well I have to be at the school early, call if you need anything."

Layla smiled, "Thanks Ric."

*********************

Layla stood at her closet, still trying to decide what to do with Klaus. She hastily pulled an outfit and slipping it on her body. Klaus' offer still rang in her ears, she wanted to go and find answers with Klaus but, it was Klaus. She listened to her instincts and pulled her phone out of her bag, dialing Klaus' number. It rang a few times before he actually picked up.

Klaus smirked at his phone, he knew she wanted to come but cared to much what Alaric thought about it. He answered, "Change you mind love?"

Layla sighed, "I only want to go, so I can figure out how not to die."

"That is the ultimate plan, I will come fetch you," Klaus said.

"Thanks," Layla told him before hanging up her phone.

She threw herself on her bed. Months ago, she was so unwilling to be in the same room has him. Now, she was willing on going to find a witch so they could save her life.

***************

Bonnie stood at her locker, gathering her books for the day. Jeremy walked up, leaning on the lockers next to her's. She gave him a small smile and tried to walk away.

"So, what? It's not cool to talk to juniors anymore?" Jeremy asked.

"Hey," Bonnie said cooly, "Happy first day."

Jeremy sighed, "You're mad?"

"I'm not mad. I'm resigned to the fact I'm sharing space in our relationship with Anna and Vicki," Bonnie told him.

Jeremy began to think of what he should say next, "I haven't talked to Vicki in a while."

Bonnie glared at him, not satisfied with his answer, "That's not the point, Jeremy."

"I know that. I know. Okay? But I had to see Anna again, Bonnie," Jeremy told her, "She had information that Damon needed."

"I get it, Jeremy. But put yourself in my shoes. You loved both of them. And you guys didn't break up. They died," Bonnie said, "And you keep letting them back in."

Jeremy looked at her annoyed, "You think I want any of this?"

"I, um... I think you have the power to decide whether or not you see them. Remember that. Okay?" Bonnie said turnig away to leave.