28. AU

Layla sat on her bed at her old house. After Klaus was desiccated last night, she couldn't bare to be in that home. She felt emptiness in her, she felt like the world was dead. Everything was dead to her. She tried to fill her head with false information, maybe she would start believing her own lies.

"The pain will only be temporary then I will dead." Layla whispered to Rebekah who was walking into her bedroom. She sat on the edge of her bed and inhaled deeply. She didn't know what to say to make it better, her brother was gone and Layla was going to die. She was going down without a fight again.

"I talked to Elijah earlier." Rebekah told her softly. "He said that he made a deal, we will be in charge of Klaus' body and we can wake him when Elena lived her long happy human life."

Layla was silent, her eyes dead. Rebekah was confused, she was not speaking. "Layla, did you hear me?"

"Yes I heard you!" Layla yelled jumping from her bed. "But it won't really matter will it? I will be dead and I can't see him! Who knows when I will come back next?" Layla threw her lamp across her room, shattering her mirror in the process.

Rebekah was silent, allowing Layla to release her anger. "I won't be needing this!" Layla yelled, ripping the ring off of her finger. "Here give it to Nik once he wakes up, maybe he can give it to the next me."

Rebekah held the ring in her hand. "Keep it." She muttered.

"Nik would want you to have it." Rebekah told her.

Layla shook her head, "Well I don't want it. I don't want anything that reminds me of my dead boyfriend. I don't want anything to remind me that I died over a hundred of times. I just want to say goodbye to Nik"

Rebekah nodded, "Okay I will take you." Rebekah slipped the ring into her pocket, keeping it there.
********
Damon sat on a coach relaxing in a storage unit. He was waiting for Rebekah and Layla to show up to say there last goodbyes. In the meantime, Damon was on the phone talking to Stefan. "Bonnie just left. Rebekah and Layla should be here soon to pick up the body."

"I've got Caroline and Elijah in place. Jeremy is gonna lead Alaric to us." Stefan told him.

"You just had to let her make the choice, didn't you?" Damon groaned.

"What would you have done, Damon?"

"Grabbed her, gagged her, throw her in a well, I don't know, anything other than let her trust Elijah." Damon snickered.

"You know she'd just hate you for it, right?" Stefan asked.

"Yeah, but she'd be alive and she'd hate me." Damon said, "Thus, the eternal difference between you and me, brother."

"As soon as we get the stake, hand over the coffin and get out." Stefan replied with a sigh, "Alaric's got half the police looking for Klaus' car."

"Will do." Damon heard the elevator bell ding, "Gotta go, the Original sister and Layla are here." He hung up and walked out of the unit. "It's about time, sexy Beks, Layla."

Suddenly Alaric showed up and took a hold of Damon, putting him in a chokehold, and cutting off his air supply.

"Where is Klaus?" Alaric asked him.

"How did you find me?" Damon choked.

"Oh, you'd be amazed at how competent law enforcement is when it's not corrupted by vampires." Alaric said, "Now, where is Klaus?"

"In a storage locker. There's only about a thousand of them, have at it." Damon said, before passing out. Alaric placed him on the ground and walked off, beginning his search for Klaus' body.
***************
Alaric broke the locks off a door, opening it to reveal several storage lockers. After not being able to find Klaus' body in any of them, he heard the elevator bell ding and Rebekah and Layla coming out.