18.

Klaus sat in a ring of fire, Layla beside him. Esther already bonded Klaus' werewolf side, much to his dismay, he planned to kill his mother for doing this to them, but decided to wait until she does the spell with Layla. He hoped she would bring her back to him.

"Mother what is taking so long?" Klaus asked.

Esther stopped chanting, "I'm not helping you, you foolish boy. I am punishing you!"

"Stop! What are you doing?" Klaus asked, noticing Layla's body. It was burning, melting into the ground. He didn't want his last memories to be like this.

"I am binding her into nature, making her a repeating pattern. She will come back, not remembering you, she shall live many lives," Esther told Klaus.

"How is that a punishment mother?" Klaus yelled tying to stop the blaze around him.

Esther smirked, "You will find her, each and every time. But every time you come back into her life, she will be killed, her life ripped from your hands!"

Klaus glared at his mother, "You are bluffing! I will kill you!"

"It's your punishment for what you did, you have to pay the price," Esther said.

"Why?" Klaus yelled, "Why punish her?"

"Because my dear son, death is the only thing keeping her away from you."

The flames around Layla disappeared, along with her body. Esther finished the spell, and Niklaus was becoming dizzy. He looked to were his beautiful love once laid, "Layla."

***************

"Layla," a soft voice said making her wake up. Her eyes fluttered open to reveal Klaus sitting on the edge of the bed.

"What," she groaned, throwing her head back into her pillow.

"Love, wake up," Klaus chuckled.

Layla rested her head on her hands, "Can't I just sleep in?"

Klaus looked at her. He noticed that she has become use to him, he felt that she started to like him. "I'm geting my family back and you are helping."

Layla raised her eyebrow, "Your family? I thought Stefan had them?"

"He does," Klaus sighed, "And I thought that you know there location."

Layla shook her head, "Sorry, Stefan and I aren't on speaking terms currently."

Klaus brushed the hair out of her face, "Good, then you are all mine."

Layla rolled her eyes at him before leaping out of bed, "I'll meet you downstairs, I have to get dressed."

********************

Layla rode in the passenger seat of Klaus' black SUV. They drove up to the front of the Salvatore house and Layla noticed that there was no one here.

"There not home, Damon is probably at the Grill if you want to look there," Layla suggested.

Klaus shook his head, "No, we will wait.

Layla sighed before going inside of the house. Klaus sat in the couch and Layla helped herself to Damon's alcohol stash. Soon Stefan walked in, his eyes going to Layla then to Klaus.

"What are you doing here, Klaus?" Stefan asked.

"Enjoying our stalemate," Klaus smirked.

Stefan sighed, "What do you want?"