12. Friends?

The beaming sunlight shines brightly through Sha'la thin blinds. Frowning up her face, her eyes flutters open to see a purple colored scheme room. She quickly lifts up, and scans the room.

"What the-

"Sha'la wak-.

The room door swings open, and stood there was an older version of Sha'la and Nakai together. It was their mother.

"Oh, you're awake."

Her mother walks further into the room. She had on black floral kapris, with pink and purple flowers, with a black v neck. She took a seat on the edge of the bed, looking at her daughter confused eyes.

"Baby you know what time it is. It's the afternoon, and you're still sleep"

Sha'la rubbed her nose, "I had a long night ma"

Debra sighed, and lifts up from the bed. "Well It's some leftovers from last Sunday. Help yourself, I got some errands to run."

As he mother walks out, Shae sit on her bed, and scans her old room. Memories was flowing in. Smiling to herself, she looks on the right side of her bed, to see her cream colored nightstand. Sitting on it, was a picture of Danny. Her father.

Looking at her father's picture made Sha'la think. How her mom did it? How could her mom deal with 2 years without her husband. It gots to be lonely without him. Sha'la eyes soon widens.

"Maaa!", she hollered

"What girl"

Sha'la laughs,"Can I go with you?"

"Hurry up, and do something to your hair, I got to go", Debra hollers back

Sha'la threw the covers back, and went straight to her suitcase.

Terrence laughs, while Sasha continued to tell her story. "Being a virgin, I never realized how cool, and important it was until I turned 23"

Terrence sighs,"So you both didn't know how to do it?"

Sasha pops another pretzel in her mouth, "You can say that", she said while munching on her snacks. Terrence opens his mouth to say something, until Sasha let out an loud shrill.

"Yaaas, The Titanic is coming on tonight!" She bounces up and down on the sofa.

Terrence scoffs,"What's so special about that movie?" Sasha gasp, "What? A boy shows his undenying love to a girl by-

"By what? Risking his life for a girl he barely knows?", Terrence interrupts her. Sasha scruch up her mouth, "No you ass. By showing her what life really is"

Terrence shakes his head, "Well good for them." Sasha watched the comercial goes off, and turned her attention back to Terrence.

"Tonight we gonna catch that movie."

His brows raised, with a little smirk. "Oh, a movie night huh?" Sasha gets up from the sofa, and makes her way upstairs. "Yup, so get dressed rency" , she tells him , calling him by the nickname she gave him.

"We're making a trip to Piggly Wiggly my boy"

Meanwhile, Sha'la and her mother Debra was at the nail salon. Shae can't remember the last time she had spent a day with her mother. But at this moment, she feels good. She loves it.

"Lord knows you and Nakai gave me straight hell when yall started highschool. Nakai fighting, and you sneaking boys in"

Shae laughs,"Ma, you remember that?"

"Which part me spanking your ass, or whipping it?"

Shae frowns,"No ma. I'm talking about Kai fighting"