24. Exhale

Sadness was in everyone faces. The entire Baltimore came out to say their good byes to the lady that shook the streets of Bmore. As Sasha mom spoke, everyone in her family including Terrence cried. Terrence was genuinely falling for Sasha, and to find that she's been playing all along, hurts him. It hurt him to pieces.

Montrell sat in the middle holding baby Onyx. Rocking her, while listening to Sasha's mother. He's hurt as well. He never got a chance to get to know the real her. The lady that gave birth to his child. How he's suppose to tell his daughter about her mother? Montrell gave Terrence privledge to visit Onyx every now an then. That made Terrence light up. Montrell knew that it would make him happy. Onyx is the closet thing he had to Sasha.

Sha'la POV

Vontrell stood in the back with me, as we scoped out the entire funeral. Everything is grey. As Sasha mom and her sister Takia sings, everyone came around to view the body. A lump was siting in my throat. I watched Terrence stood in front of the casket, breaking down into tears, while Re'Nae pats him on the back.

''Man'', Vontrell mumbled. ''She was loved from a lot of people'' I looked at the guests face, and shrugged. Knowing Sasha, she probably had sex with half of the men here.

But that's none of my business.

"I'm going to view the body. You coming?'' Vontrell shook his head no. ''I'm not good with dead bodies. I'll just go over to where my brother is'' I nod my head, and made my towards the casket. Walking to the casket, I felt all eyes on me. I guess they know who I am, and they should. Me and Sasha got history.

I stopped in front of the casket, and saw her. She looked beautiful. Just like she did, when I first saw her at the block. Her long black wavy hair, nice ivory skin, she looked peaceful. They dressed her in a red dress, which I thought was odd, but then again this is Sasha's funeral.

I stood over her casket waiting. Waiting for her to suddenly pop up and say April Fool's. But it isn't April, and Sasha not popping up anytime soon. She's dead.

Foreal.

A tear trickled down my cheek, and I quickly wiped it away. I can't believe that I shed a tear over a woman that made my life a living hell here. Now that her life is over, I realize that life is too short.

''Rest in peace''

I stepped away from the casket, and turned around to see Re'Nae watching me. She smiled weakly, and waved. I smiled in return, and walked towards her.

''Long time no see'', I smiled greeting her.

''Sha'la you look great''

''Thanks, so do you''

She sighed, ''So how you been?'', she asked

''Good. Life is good in Atlanta''

She smiled, ''You just missed Lenecia. She just left. She would be happy to see you'', she exclaimed

My brows raised. How could I forget about my best friend? ''How's the company?''

''Good. Trish finally found her a new assistant.''

I nodd my head, searching the crowd for Vontrell. Talking to Re'Nae is just weird. ''Hey um Sha'la, I never had a chance to apologize face to face. I'm sorry for not telling you about Terrence and Sasha. I just want us to be cool again. Going to the bar together, getting drinks. y'know, like old times''