10. Our True Colors

Sha'la mood resembled the evening skies. Gloomy and dark. Sipping on some Hennesy isn't making the situation even better. Truth is, she's upset. Not about Terrence, but about another man. She shook her head, and chuckled a bit. Though, the situation wasn't even close to being funny. She picked up her phone to see that it was 6:30 p.m . No longer wanting to wait, she chugged down her last bit of alchohol, and made her way upstairs.

Into five minutes of her shower, Terrence finally made it home. With Sasha heavy on his brain, he didn't want to waste any time on telling Sha'la whats up. Hearing the shower running, Terrence sat on the sofa, and took in a deep breath. This could either break him or make him. Either way, he loves Sasha, and he couldn't deny that.

Soon enough Sha'la came downstairs after he shower. Spotting the back of Terrence head on the sofa, she scoffs.

''Oh you're finally here?'', she said drly.

Terrence neck popped around, ''Oh, yeah''

Opening a bag of chips, Sha'la watched her phone. Waiting. Waiting for it to vibrate. Getting up from the sofa, Terrence walked over to the kitchen. He was nervous, better yet scared. When he tell Sha'la that he no longer wants to be with her, all hell gonna break loose. Standing by the counter, he observed her. Her body launage seemed a little off. Even though he haven't told Shae yet, he couldn't help but feel that theirs a huge elephant in the room.

''You alright?'', he asked.

Before she could answer, her phone vibrates.It's what she's been waiting on.She quickly picks up the phone, and scans the message.

''Sha'la could you please put the phone down, I have somthing to tell you''Terrence continued.

She was listeing to him, but the message she was reading done did it. She's officially pissed. Locking her phone, she took a seat at the kitchen table, with her back towards Terrence. Taking her glass, Sha'la crossed her legs, and poured her some more Hennesy.

She sips it....

''I don't know how to tell you this...'', he started. ''Actually theirs no better way of telling you''

She listened and continued to drink.

''Being with you Shae, I learned alot. How to cook, how to take care of myself, and how to make love. I love you so much girl. I do''

She sipped and listened.

''I love you, but I'm just not in love with you.. I- I'm in love with another woman''

Sha'la placed her glass down. She tightened up her crossed legs, and crossed her arms. Staring. Staring at the white wall ahead of her. Terrence backs away slowly. He wanted to be prepared for whatever Sha'la had for him. But little do he knows, she was over him weeks ago. So she sat there. Killing Terrence with her killer silence. She suddenly grabs her phone, and pushed back out of her chair. Without looking at him, she headed towards the stairs.

'' I'll go pack my things''

And with that she dissapeared into the darkness. Leaving Terrence relieved yet confused. She took that way too easy. Sighing, he took his phone out of his pockets and  text Sasha.

An hour passed, and Sha'la was still packing. Playing Kelly Price- As we lay, Sha'la finally comes downstairs with one container in hand.

''Shae if you need help, I can help you'', he tells her.

She opens the door, and shakes her head no. She bends over to pick the container back up. Terrence kissed his teeth.

''Let me hel-

''NO!'', she barks.

Terrence jumps and  help his hands up in defense. He wasn't even going to ask her why. He just walked back to the chair, and continued to watch tv. Minutes passed, and Sha'la continued walking back and forth out of the house. Walking upstairs, she took her last luggage, which was a suitcase.She unplugs the radio, and started her way out of the room. Heading out of the room, she stops. She took one look of the room that she once called her own. It's really over, she thought to herself.

Turning off the lights, she decended her way down stairs, looking down at her feet. Something was holding her down. Major heavy weight. She looks on her hand, to see her engagement ring.Her stomach did a huge turn, making her feel sick. Getting off the stairs, she walks towards the front door, feeling Terrence eyes on her. Shae placed her suitcase at the door, and turned around, to see that indeed Terrence was watching her.

She walks over to him, and stands right over him, looking at him so intently for the very first time tonight.

''You know'',she said softly. She started to play with the ring on her finger, admiring it. ''It's pretty funny that you told me you was in love with another woman. Knowing that me and you both know that the other woman is Sasha''

''Sha'la look I didn't mean to hur-

She put her hands up, while shaking her head. ''No, Terrence, it's cool. I get it.''

She slips the ring off of her finger, feeling 100 pounds lighter, and placed it on the glass table.

''Have a good life Terrence''

Without saying anything else, she grabbed her suitcase, and walked out the door. That was the last time they would ever see each other.

Author Note: After this chapter, my other chapters will be private. Only because I have people reading my material, but they're not following me.  I'm thankful for the support, but I really want to hit atleast 70 followers before February. So I suggest to you guys, that if you're not following me, you should. IF you want to continue on reading this story. Thanks !

 - Sha'la

Comment and Vote