THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: DINNER & DIATRIBES

"Hey, it's time to wake up."

Lotus groaned, swatting around her lazily. Whoever was there, they needed to leave and let her sleep.

"Lotus."

She peeled an eye open, Five leaned over her holding a mug of coffee. "We need to go soon."

Her head hurt, she blinked slowly sitting up. She rubbed her eyes and felt a prickle off hair, Lotus froze and grabbed at it. "Oh my god." She mumbled standing up, finding a mirror hung on the wall. Her eyes widened, she had bangs.

"When did this happen?" She questioned, turning to Five. "How could you let this happen!"

"This morning." He shrugged, "You went day drinking with Klaus."

"But I don't drink."

He nodded, walking towards her. "And now I see why."

Lotus sighed, eyes wandering down to her clothes. They were different, no longer the jumpsuit she had changed into when they arrived. Instead she wore high waisted shorts, a blue so dark it looked black. Her shirt was a plain fitted tee, a maroon tone with a wide collar poking out the top. "Where'd my other clothes go?"

"How am I supposed to know?"

Lotus pursed her lips, "Is everyone here?"

"No." Five walked behind her, she could see him in the reflection of the mirror. "But we'll go without them. They all know that it's important and none of them are here."

She watched his reflection, his hands were in his pockets as he rocked back on his heels. His hair was messy, unusually so. And his expression didn't seem as stone cold as it normally was. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Great."

She raised a brow, "What?"

"Do you really not remember?" He took a step towards her, "It was only this morning."

Lotus turned and faced him, shaking her head. "Why happened?"

He snorted, grabbing her arm and pulling her towards him. "Let me jog your memory."

His face was inches from hers and her eyes widened, the events unfurling that a chapter book. "Oh my god, I did not kiss you—"

He smiled, "You very much did."

Lotus nodded slowly, cheeks turning red. "Don't we have a dinner to get too?"

He nodded, leading her out of the room. How was Five so cocky all of the time, he managed to conceal everything so well. If Lotus was embarrassed she looked like a ripe tomato, or when she was extremely nervous sometimes she'd start to hiccup.

Five stopped in the hallway, holding out his hand. "Shall we jump?"

She rolled her eyes and accepted, "You're a loser."

As soon as her hand landed in his the world warped around them, the interior of Elliott's apartment traded for a quiet street outside as the sun set. They stood in front of a tall building, the name 'Southland Life' stretched out across in blue.

"You ready?" She looked to him, worry in her eyes. He hadn't seen his father in forever, and despite them technically never having met, Five still knew him. He was still his Dad.

He said nothing, in Five fashion. They took off towards the building, climbing up the many steps and slipping through the doorway. It was oddly empty inside, no workers or people mingled around. Lotus followed Five into the open elevator, he took a deep breath as he pressed the correct floor button. The doors slowly closed, but before they could a hand intercepted and they reopened. Diego peaked in, stepping beside Five. "Wait up."