TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY: TOLD YOU SO

Five and Lotus trailed behind Luther and the other Five as they walked down an old bridge, slowly making their way to the grassy knoll. Lotus kept having to pull Five away from yelling at everything, he had just been heckling a pigeon.

"What are you looking at!" He yelled as they made it up the staircase, "See something funny!"

Lotus sighed, grabbing ahold of his blazer and yanking him back. "Come on."

"Mind your business!"

"Five." Lotus grumbled, shoving him in front of her. "Walk."

"I'll give you something to stare at!"

She didn't know who he was yelling at at this point, they were the only ones on the bridge.

"You wish you could pull of these shorts!"

He was itching his side, Lotus huffed grabbing ahold of his hands. She held them tightly, pulling him along again. "Stop itching."

"I'm not itching."

"Five, I'm gonna be honest." She glanced at him, "I'm very close to hitting you over the head."

Luther appeared beside them, raising his brows at Lotus who still gripped Five's hands in hers. She let go and they continued walking, "Hey, brother." Luther smiled, "What's up?"

They made it to the end of the bridge, Five hopped down the stairs and glared at his brother. "He's gonna kill me, isn't he?"

Luther scoffed, "What? Him— he's gonna kill you? Yeah, right. That's ridiculous."

"You're a terrible liar." Lotus chimed in.

"Worse than you are a spotter." Five hissed, "Lotus is the only one trying to help me."

Luther shook his head, "What good is having a spotter if you won't even listen to him?"

"So you admit you're conspiring against me?"

"Do... do you admit that you're suffering from paradox psychosis?"

Five laughed, "All I'm suffering from is bracing clarity about you and your murderous intentions."

His hand went up and itched his chest, Lotus rolled her eyes and punched him. He turned with wide eyes, "What was that for!"

"You're itching again." She shrugged.

Luther sighed, "Look, it's not like he's gonna "kill you" kill you. He just wants to kill a, um... version of you."

"But I am that version of me."

They landed on paved roads again, older Five still led the way. "Hey, I don't love it either, but he's actually got a pretty good plan."

"What?" Five seethed, "The one where you guys off me and then jump to 2019 to save the world?"

"Yeah, wait, how did you know that?"

Five was itching like crazy now, his chest, his neck and even his head.

"Because I'm him, and that is exactly what I would do if I were trying to kill me!"

"Ok, all I know is we got one Five too many, and you're the one acting like a maniac."

"Luther, so help me god if you even try to kill him I will shift into you and beat you with your own two ape hands." Lotus glared up at him, grabbing ahold of Five's hands once again as he scratched at his head. "And after I beat you I will shift back into my self and shove all the rocks I can find down your throat until you choke and—"