~HR~ #8

I'm Okay With It

Author's POV

STARE. That's what the baby cub of the group was doing. Staring at the beautiful ice penguin princess. Yes, ice penguin princess. It's how she described her.

"Chaeng, stop staring and start eating.", Jeongyeon said.

"Who was she staring at?", Y/n asked.

"No one." Chaeyoung quickly replied.

"Shut up. You were staring at the Ice Princess.", Dahyun said.

"Oh, you mean Mina?"

"How did you know her name, Y/n?"

"Am I not allowed?"

"You are, but that's one of the perks of having a popular girlfriend in school.", Tzuyu joined in the conversation.

"Okay, fine. You caught me." Chaeyoung said as if she surrendered.

"So... Do you like her?" Jeongyeon interrogated the blushing cub.

Chaeyoung gave a shy nod at her unnie's question.

"YESSS!!/WOOHOOO!/FINALLY!" the three older ones rejoiced, attracting attention from other students including a certain person.

Once Chaeyoung saw her looking at them, her face turned red, and began telling her unnies to calm down and sit back down.

"Mou. You guys are crazy. What are you happy about?" the embarrassed cub questioned.

They gave each other a smirk before Y/n cleared her throat.

"Tzuyu, can you please explain to Chaeng why we're happy?" Y/n asked the maknae.

Tzuyu sighed and looked at Chaeyoung.

"They're happy because you'll be the only person who'll break the ice-cold heart of Myoui Mina."

"Mwo? That's just absurd. I mean, I only have a mere crush on her. Besides, she might not have the same feelings for me." the cub said hiding the sadness in her tone.

Chaeyoung slumped back on her chair with a pout.

'Yeah, just a mere crush.', she mentally said.

"Well, there's always a reason and a story behind their given nicknames."

Chaeyoung's ears perked up. She glanced towards them, waiting for them to tell. Y/n saw their eagerness in her eyes, so she began to tell the story.

 ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

'So she had a boyfriend back then but broke up after seeing him with another girl. What an ձรรհօlε. He has the nerve to cheat on her.' Chaeyoung thought, paying no attention to the lesson.

After hours of discussing the lesson and reminding the day of the exams, it was time for them to go home.

Chaeng got out of the room and headed towards the council with Dahyun beside her. Once they went inside, they greeted the president and the vice president.

"Chaeng, it's a good thing you're here," Jihyo said while carrying a stack of paper.

"Why, unnie?" Chaeng asked as she put down her bag beside Dahyun's.

"Can you help Mina carry something in the storage? It's down the hallway from the left. Also, don't fully close the door 'coz the door is kinda broke and you might not be able to open the door."