Chapter 4

Harry's Point of View

I get dressed and grab my keys "where are you going Harry?" Mum asks me "to a friends" I tell her and get into my car. I am surprised in a way that Lily invited me to her house again. I start my car, drive over there, and pull into the drive way.

I get out of my car and look up at the stars a small smile playing on my lips. I walk up to her door, knock, and wait. A minute later she opens the door "hello Lily" I say "hello Harry" she says letting me inside. She leads me to the living room, picks up a piece of paper from the table, and hands it to me.

I look at it and I smile. It's a picture of Orion and his dogs "this is beautiful Lily" I tell her honestly handing it back. "Keep it" she tells me smiling "thank you" I tell her honestly. "Can you tell me about Aries?" she asks me "of course" I tell her. "Follow me" she says, grabbing her sketchbook, and going out the back door.

I see her sit down in the grass so I sit down next to her. "Aries is a zodiacal constellation representing the ram of the Golden Fleece sought by Jason and the Argonauts. The ram had originally been presented to Nephele by Mercury when her husband took a new wife, Ino, who persecuted Nephele's children." Yet again she watches me intently as I tell her the story.

"To keep them safe, Nephele sent Phrixus and Helle away on the back of the magical ram, who flew away to the east. Helle fell off into the Hellespont (now the Dardanelles) between the Aegean Sea and the Sea of Marmara, but Phrixus safely made it to Colchis on the eastern shore of the Black Sea. Phrixus sacrificed the ram and presented the Golden Fleece to the king, Aeetes." I finish and I see her smile "Leo?" she ask.

I nod my head and point him out "Leo is the Nemean Lion, which was killed by Hercules on one of the 12 labors he had to perform for killing his family. According to Greek mythology, the lion that terrorized the citizens had a hide that could not punctured by iron, bronze or stone."

"Having broken all of his weapons fighting the man-eating lion, Hercules finally strangled it to death and placed it in the heavens as one of his conquests." I tell her "what about the one that is a bear?" she asks me.

"Oh you mean Ursa Major and Ursa Minor" I say and point them out to her. "The god Zeus hid the nymph Callisto from his wife Hera by changing her into a bear. Her son, Actas, did not know she was now a bear and while hunting one day came across Callisto."

"To keep Actas from accidentally killing his mother, Zeus placed them together into the sky as the Big and Little Bear. We know them better by the names Big and Little Dipper" I tell her. "Thank you" she tells me after she finishes sketching.

"You're welcome Lily" I tell her smiling. She lies down in the grass "If the stars should appear one night in a thousand years, how would men believe and adore; and preserve for many generations the remembrance of the city of God which had been shown! But every night come out these envoys of beauty, and light the universe with their admonishing smile." She says "did you come up with that?" I asks her.

"Sadly no Ralph Waldo Emerson did" she tells me. "So you memorize poems?" I ask her "well poem and quotes" she tells me. "Can you tell me another?" I ask her honestly curious. "For a seed to achieve its greatest expression, it must come completely undone. The shell cracks, its insides come out and everything changes. To someone who doesn't understand growth, it would look like complete destruction. Cynthia Occelli" she tells me.

I look at her and she looks over at me "thank you" I tell her with a small smile on my lips. She just smiles at me and goes back to looking at the stars. "Lily" I say softly making her look at me. "What?" she asks me "sorry for me being so annoying and rude to you when we first met" I apologize really meaning it.

"It's okay actually I'm kind of glad that you did" she tells me making me arch an eyebrow. "Harry if you didn't I most likely would have never talked to you. Much less have got to learn what I know about you so far" she tells me.

"Thank you for inviting me over yesterday without it I would not have gotten to learn anything about you" I tell her smiling. I look at her and see a light in her eyes and I cannot help myself. I grab her hand gently with one of mine.

Lily's Point of View

I almost yank my hand back but when Harry returns to looking at the stars I gently squeeze his hand. He looks over at me a sweet, gentle, honest smile on his lips. I smile back and tilt my head to the side "what?" he asks me softly. "You're not at all like I thought you were" I tell him.

The biggest brightest smile crosses his face "no one has every really cared enough about me to get to know me" he says looking sad. "I would like to" I tell him honestly "I would like to get to know you too Lily" he tells me squeezing my hand.
__________________________
Sorry it's short :(. I'll try to make the next one longer.