Chapter 10 part 2

Lily's Point of View

The gentle warm light coming through my windows wakes me from my slumber. Slowly like a cat I stretch languidly waiting a little while longer to open my eyes. After a few minutes I open them only to close them again when the light assaulted my pupils. I huff rubbing my eyes as I sit up and let out a small yawn. I throw the covers off and scoot over to the side of the bed to slip into my shoes.

I reach over and throw on my robe before I clumsily make my way to the kitchen to brew a cup of coffee. After the coffee is done brewing I make myself a glass and go into the living room to watch something on the Telly. I sink down into the plush cushions of my sofa and take a small sip of my vanilla coffee. I hum as the sweet flavor blossoms across my taste buds and warms up my insides. I reach onto the table for the remote and flip on the Telly.

While I search for anything to watch I'm jump when my phone decides to unleash a stream of sounds. Quickly I set down my cup and run all the way to my room and just barely manage to answer before the last ring. "Hello?" I say since I didn't have enough time to check the id. "Lily how are you? I didn't wake you did I?" Mum's slightly ashamed voice asks. "Oh no I just had to run to answer the phone" I tell her taking a deep breath.

Mum's laughter is light and I cannot help but to join in. "Well I was calling to see if you can come for dinner tonight" "Mum why do you even ask anymore? Of course I'm coming" I tell her laughing at how she still insist on calling me to come to Sunday dinner. "Well excuse me for trying not to assume the number of attendance" she jokes and even though I can't see her I can tell she's smiling.

"Three as always. I love you and I'll be making my way there soon" "okay love you too bye" "bye." I hang up with a smile on my face. After the 'incident' happened what I used to see as the insurmountable distance between my parents and I disappeared. We finally sat down and talked everything out and things have been going great between us ever since, especially between Mum and I. So Sunday is the time that all of us have set aside to be together, to make up for lost time.

Cheshire ended up giving me my friends, the kind of family I secretly longed for, and a motley experiences. So much has happened since those few bitter sweet months all those years ago. The main thing would probably be Josh and Grace getting married just like everyone knew they would. Seriously I don't think that I've ever seen two people more in love than them. Abby has a boyfriend, Jack, and they've been together for a few months.

And all of us have the sneaking suspicion that Miranda and Mark are together as well. Both of them oddly enough are to shy to admit it. Yet they are so terrible at hiding it that it's blatantly obvious like red wine spilled on a white carpet. But to say the least all of them are truly happy and I couldn't ask for anything more. So all in all I do not regret Cheshire but I do regret opening my heart to someone who didn't deserve it.

But more than anything I blame myself for what happened. I should have know better it was so obvious that he was trouble when he walked into my life. But what I miss the most is the stars. Well how I used to perceive them at least and the rest of the night sky. A shadow is now cast upon them so dark that I can no longer appreciate their light. It's odd how something that used to make me so happy now fills me with anger and pain.

I wish that the shadow will just go away. But it's there to stay just like the cracks carved into my heart. I do my best to ignore them and no longer let the pain of the cruel words that were said hurt me anymore. I wish that it was that easy but sadly it's not. This is the reason as to why I have no one who I love beyond the platonic since. But remarkably I'm okay with this because why open your heart when it's only going to get broken?

Well at least for me anyways. Everyone else can find and have love. But despite everything I wish him well because hating him just isn't possible. I guess that I still believe that the kind boy I thought I glimpsed actually exists. But to say that I forgive him is the greatest lie ever conceived aside from the one that broke me. The one being him. But before I totally ruin my mood for the day I'm just going to shove it all away.

No point in hurting myself with these thoughts anymore because he was the one who slammed the door. He was the one who decided that we would be no more. He is the reason why my heart will never be whole due to all the cuts and bruises he so cruelly inflicted. I grab my small bag of assorted things for the drive and hope that I can escape the thoughts lurking in my mind.
__________________________
Sorry for the late update. So please tell me what you think. Anyways the story has reach 934 reads, 18 votes, and 5 comments :)! Thank all of you so much. I hope that you liked the chapter. I'm sorry that its sort of short. Thank all of you for reading :)!

Things will start to happen soon ;)!

Posted: April 25, 2015.

Updated: April 25, 2015.