CHAPTER 5

Omniscient—

      𝐌ichael, as usual, was arguing over the phone

      𝐌ichael, as usual, was arguing over the phone. Not a serious argument, but just one with King which always lasted a long time. He had bands of money spread out on his bed. Usually he liked to flex or show it off. He liked to drool over it and almost praise it for his "accomplishments"

"Whachu stressin' bout?" He questioned King who was making a scene on the other end of the phone.

"You shot one of 'em?! Nigga for what reason?" His voice was lazy but alert at the same time.

Michael kissed his teeth and put the phone on speaker, placing it on his bed as his eyes scanned his money. "'Cause one of 'em was lyin' bout where the rest of yo shit was. Liars go to hell. You know you woulda done the same shit if they lied to you."

He heard King kiss his teeth. "Yeah but now they gon' be on our asses fo that. We got enough enemies." Michael could imagine him lazily rolling his eyes in the process.

"Watchu buggin' fo?" Michael repeated in a high silly sounding voice. "I ain't neva run from no competition. If they want their revenge, they'a target me 'n not you so chill yo ass out. Pussy over they guns."

"I ain't pussy over their gu- nigga shut the fuck up."

And their brotherly argument continued as Naija walked into the room with Bear trailing behind her. No matter what, she'll always be scared of him.

As soon as she felt Bear lick her skin, she shrieked, making Michael look back at her and furrow his brows. "You mind?" He scolded her.

"Mike what the fuck was that? You got a hyena in yo house? Who over there screechin'?" King asked on the other end as the phone was still on speaker

Michael leaned down to the phone and put it off speaker. "Shut up King." He rolled his eyes and looked back at Naija, who stood covering her mouth.

"How many times I'mma tell you Bear won't hurt you?" He inquired as she sheepishly smiled at him and hid her hands behind her back.

It's the fifth day staying at his place.

She had gotten out the shower but changed and freshened up in the bathroom since he was currently in his room—where she'd usually change into clean clothes.

She was currently about to put her pajamas back into her duffel, placed under Michael's bed, but Bear distracted her.

She placed her things there as Michael proceeded on with his conversation on the phone. Her eyes scanned the money on the bed and she had never seen so much. Her and her cousins lacked it, so they'd always get into trouble since they would steal it from others.

"King get off the call wit' that shit and chill out like I told you. I'a see you later." Michael said, shaking his head as he placed his phone back onto the bed and ended the call. "Nigga's trippin'." He muttered with a dry laugh.