“How did Perrie know? And what do you mean by ‘mental’?”

“Your mum called her, asking if she knew anything about your whereabouts. Of course Perrie asked her why she was calling and then your mum told her you didn’t come home the day before and that you were missing. The thing about Liam... well, he wasn’t himself really anymore. He wasn’t as calm as he usually is, you know him. He was hyper, couldn’t sit still and was biting his fingernails all the time. He was seriously worried – but same was Perrie. We all know something is bothering her, for years now, but she never had shown so openly as she did as you were gone. You really must mean something to her.”

Thankfully he had to walk away now because our teacher had come in, so he couldn’t see me blush. I really wanted to tell him... but there was this voice in my head telling me he would judge me. I really had enough of being judged, so it wasn’t easy for me to tell anybody – after all I only told Jonnie about my feelings because else he wouldn’t have let me go. Maybe I would still sit in this dark room, only because he thought he couldn’t trust me. I would never tell anyone the truth, because I promised it to him and in some way it connected us.

“And it is nice to have you back,” our teacher said towards me. “I hope it was nothing too bad that kept you away from school, Ms Thirlwall?”

“She was in the woods for a few days without food and anything to drink because she hurt her food,” some guy, whose name I didn’t even know, shouted and my teacher’s eyes widened. “Well, then it is even better that you are back. I hope that you will not make us worry so hard again – the school was almost doing one of those search operations.”

My face paled and I suppressed the urge to shake my head – if Jonnie would’ve waited only a few more days they would’ve looked for me, even in the woods, and then my excuse would be discovered as a lie. “Well, thankfully Mr Edwards, a friend of mine, found me.” I smiled and with a smile he returned to the class, blabbing about whatever we were doing right now. My concentration wasn’t really there anymore, to be honest.

***

“And? What did he say?” She asked and linked our arms – she couldn’t just hold my hand, but we had agreed that we would do small things like this to stay in touch, literally.

“I... I didn’t tell him.” I bit my lower lip and looked at her with a risen eyebrow.

“Oh.” She simply said and her smile faded. Then it appeared again and she giggled. “Jesy was totally amazed. She said she is really happy for us and also offered to help us if we needed anything from her.”

“That’s great!” I cheered and she nodded.

“I don’t understand though why you don’t want to tell anyone.” She pouted and sighed. “Are you ashamed of us?”

“What?!” I shouted and everyone’s attention was at us. We quickly turned around and walked down the hallway in the opposite direction. “Of course not, Pez, but... I am afraid what people will say.”

“Well, I don’t care,” she smiled and pulled my even closer so our faces were almost touching. “If you would let me I would brag around with it, telling everyone that you’re my cute little girlfriend. I don’t care what others say, as long as it’s something bad. I really like you a lot Jade, and I think I’ve hidden my feelings long enough. I just want everyone to know, you understand?”

“Yes, but you also don’t know what it is like to be called names for years...” I murmured and breathed out shakily, earning a confused look by her.

“What do you mean?”

“Did you never wonder why I was never doing something with people from my old school?” I asked and could feel my eyes sting. “Or why I am now at this school, for no reason?”

She gaped and looked at me with sympathy. “Jade, why did you never tell me?”

“Because I thought if I wouldn’t tell you, you wouldn’t mind. At the beginning my biggest worry was that you would see the same in me those other people saw – the loser behind the book no-one likes. People exploited me for not telling anyone and keeping quiet. Now I know how stupid it was but I was too weak to defend myself.” I sighed and wiped my eyes because I felt myself crying – why did I cry? Why did I still mind? I now had a better life, with friends and even a girlfriend, which loved me.

“Jade, why would you ever think that I would see this in you? You’re the most perfect girl I’ve ever seen and these people only didn’t like you because they were too stupid to look behind your face – even though I cannot understand why not even your face could wrap them around your finger.” Even now she managed to make me laugh a little and that brought a slight smile upon her face. “Look, Jesy, Leigh, Niall, Liam, Harry, Louis and Zayn – we all love you to bits, okay? Also the others from school want to be friends with you. Haven’t you seen the people that hugged you when you entered the school?”

I smiled even more and breathed out again, happy I could finally tell her. “And if this is really bothering you so much, of course I will wait to tell everyone how much I love you and how wonderful you are and that you belong with me.”

We both giggled and almost bumped into Louis and Harry, who walked through school, hand in hand. “Oh, and Harry?” I asked before they could go away. “I now have who I am in love with,” I grinned and grabbed Perrie’s hand, holding it up into the sky.

He laughed, shaking his head. “I knew it!” He shouted, because he was already far away and Perrie giggled.

“Thank you,” she whispered and quickly put a kiss onto my cheek. “And I’m sorry for the public kiss, I just couldn’t resist you because you’re such a brave and wonderful girl.”

Blushing deeply red we entered the cafeteria.

~*~

A/N: So, I got a 2 (or B, depends on where you live) in my spanish test, which is a good thing :D

And I am sorry for the rather late update, but this is now the time where you have 786234724 exams a week :P Ugh, how I hate it! >_<

This chapter is dedicated to HazzsCat because she was reading this all in such a short time and commented on every chapter, what made me really happy :>

Hm, anything else to say....?

Oh, right! Today I made a decision, according to the topic "sequel". You might not like what I tell you now but I thought about NOT making one because it'd only be disappointing - most people don't read sequels after all, mostly because they're simply not as good as the first story, which is true. And I don't want to disappoint you, so I'm not making a sequel that will only bore the hell out of you.

BUT (did you really think I'd leave you hanging like this?) I already have an idea for a completely new Jerrie fanfiction :) As far as I know NO-ONE in any fandom I am in has written a story like this, so I won't tell you all what it is about already - you can message me personally and I might answer you, if I know you and if I know I can trust you :)

Yeh, I think this was it for today :D And sorry for the long Author's Note :>

Love you all!

Marlene xx