Chapter 5: Penciled In

Here is my second update today I hope you enjoy I decided one more and then I will be done updating for the day unless I get bored and want to update I will so yea I hope you enjoy!!

Amy had arrived back home and was looking up a number in the phone book when her mom walked in carrying Robbie, her dad not far behind.

"Amy! What are you doing here? Did something happen in New York? Is everything alright?" Amy smiled at her mother's concerned face and shook her head.

"Everything's fine mom. I just realized that there were some things here at home that I'm more capable of dealing with since going through the program. I wanted to tie up all my loose ends with friends and whatnot early so I could enjoy my summer." She went back to looking up the phone number she was after.

"So how was New York Kiddo?" George asked.

"Great," she answered honestly, smiling as memories of all the great girls she'd met and the fun she'd been able to have came to mind.

"Bring me anything?" She chuckled. Leave it her dad to downplay her unexpected re-appearance in the middle of the night.

"I've got gifts for everyone, I just haven't unpacked yet. I've got some errands to run today." Anne knew there was more to the story than that but she knew Amy well enough to know that if you pushed her to explain before she was ready, she'd clam up and become unmovable so Anne let it slide, for now.

"Your dad needs to drop by the store and Robbie and I have some errands of our own before we go grocery shopping. Do you need anything from the store?"

"I'm good for now, thanks." After her parents left it took Amy another minute to locate the correct number she needed from the phone book and she promptly dialed it.

"Boykewich International. This is Camille speaking. How may I help you?"

"My name is Amy Juergens. I need to discuss a personal matter with Mr. Boykewich and was calling to schedule an appointment to speak with him." Amy Juergens. Why does that name sound so familiar?Camille checked Leo's schedule and noticed that he had an opening later that morning.

"Mr. Boykewich has an opening in his schedule today at 10:30. Would that time work for you?"

"Yes, thank you."

"Alright. I'll let Mr. Boykewich know and we will see you at 10:30 Ms. Juergens."

"Thank you. Goodbye." Why does that name sound so familiar? The elevator doors opened and Leo walked in carrying a stack of reports and a cup of coffee.

"Any messages, Camille?"

"No, but a young woman named Amy Juergens has scheduled an appointment to meet with you this morning at 10:30." Leo tried to hide his surprise.

"Did she say what about?"

"No, just that it was a personal matter. And Leo, her name sounds familiar but I can't seem to place it. Should I know who this Ms. Juergens is?"

"She's Ben's girlfriend and John's mother. I wonder what's happened and why she wants an officialappointment. She can drop by the house whenever she'd like." He walked into his office thoughtfully and checked his watch. It was only 9:15. He knew he wouldn't be getting a lot of work done until after he spoke with Amy. Meanwhile Amy had another phone call to make. Looking up the number she needed for the district attorney's office, she placed her next call.

"District Attorney's office, Julia speaking. How may I help you?"

"My name is Amy Juergens and I would like to schedule an appointment to speak with a district attorney by the name or Mr. Ruben Enriquez about a personal matter."

"Very well Ms. Juergens." She pulled up Ruben's schedule and looked for the first available opening as she asked, "Is there a time of day or day of the week that works best with your schedule?"

"Would you please tell me the first day and time he has available so I can better answer that question?" Julia smiled. She liked this young woman already. She was assertive but polite, a combination lacking in far too many people these days.

"I see that Mr. Enriquez has an opening this afternoon at 12:15. Does this work with your schedule Ms. Juergens?"

"Yes, ma'am, 12:15 today would be fine." Julia smiled.Again with the politeness, although I can do without the ma'am.

"Please tell me a phone number where you can be reached, as well as how to spell your last name, so I can put you on Mr. Enriquez's schedule." Amy gave her the requested information and then Julia ended the call. What a nice young woman she thought with a smile. She frowned as a disturbing thought came to her. Please don't let her be in any serious trouble.

Ashley was coming around the corner from the living room when she heard Amy on the phone. Why does she need to speak to Adrian's dad? And why is she making an appointment with his office when he lives next door? Is she trying to find a loop hole with the mediation?Ashley decided the direct approach was best. If Amy was gonna do something else to turn this family upside down she wanted to be prepared for it, ahead of time.

Walking into the kitchen she put her empty glass on the counter and asked pointedly, "Why are you meeting with Ruben? Trying to change the mediation agreement?" Amy looked at her after hanging up the phone but didn't say anything, instead getting herself something to drink.

"Well?" Ashley pushed

"Well what?"

"What are you up to?"

"Cleaning up my life."

"Meaning?"

"Exactly what I just said."

"And how does Ruben fit into the 'mess' that needs cleaning?" Amy didn't answer, sticking to her rule about not telling anyone what she was up to. Ashley scowled at her back as Amy made her way upstairs to unpack while waiting for her appointment with Leo.This is not good. Amy can't lie so she's just not going to say anything? Something's going on and I'm going to get to the bottom of it with or without her help

I know I know my updates are really short but I promise they will get longer and better but I am trying so yea!!! Keep reading and voting it makes me smile!!