Chapter Eighteen.

Beginne am Anfang

"So how are you?" I asked mom.

"I'm better that you're here right now," she smiled. "Tell me, what have I missed in the last five years of your life."

"Well few months after I . . .left, I had the twins. And then about six months later, I got signed by Alex, who's now my best friend. I got a new stage name, started recording songs, produced two albums so far, and both of them went platinum. I've had Alex collect 10 awards for me, and recently, I did my first concert, so now all the paps know who I am, and the next day, my face was all over every newspaper and magazines. So yeah, it has been pretty eventful," I said.

"Wow. That's sound like amazing," she laughed.

"It has been. So what have I missed here?" I asked.

"Well, Nicole, that little bitch became Alpha female, but now she's been exiled after she cheated on Chase," she started. I was speechless. Chase had exiled Nicole, after he had found out that she cheated on him. So that baby that he was protecting from me wasn't even his to begin with. To be honest, I don't know what I was feeling, but I think I knew that I was slightly glad that Chase got a taste of his own medicine- he finally found out what it was like to be deceived and played with. I knew that it was wrong of me to feel like that, but then again, I never did claim to be a Saint. My wolf growling at me for being slightly pleased that someone had hurt her mate, but I didn't care.

Although, I did feel quite sorry for Nicole. I knew what it was like to be all alone, and I couldn't imagine what it'd be like if I didn't have the support of Daniel and our pack when I was pregnant.

She continued, "I think all of us were glad to get rid of her. She was only using the pack members as her servant. But anyways, Ryan found his mate, Rebecca. They're amazing togther, they fit together perfectly. But I know something's happened between them that's changed their relationship lately. Their smiles, laughter and even them holding hands seem fake."

"Oh," was all I was able to say. I didn't know Rebecca that much, but she seemed like a great person.

"Anyways, so your twins must about 4 years now, right?" she asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Yeah, they're turning five soon, in less than 2 weeks. I can't believe it. They've grown up so quickly; I remember the day they were born like yesterday and soon they'll be going off to college," I said as a tear slipped out my eye.

"It's the same with you honey. It's like you were still a baby yesterday, and now you have two babies of your own. But I never did expect to have grand kids in this lifetime, so thank you. Thank you for granting me my wish," she smiled.

"Oh mom," I whispered, giving her another hug.

The rest of the day we spent talking to each other about everything: new shoes, clothes and everything a normal girl would talk to her mom about. I had an amazing time, even if we did nothing but just lay around and talk to each other, probably because I had been dreaming of this day since my teen years.

We all had lunch together, which dad made. And it seemed like the kids had taken to quite a liking to him. Dad and the twins all played around all day long, and when we left for home after dinner, we left them both with big smiles on their faces. I had told mom I would visit soon, but first I had to go buy some things for the house.

****

[ Chase's P.O.V ]

Sitting in my leather chair in my office, I went through the stacks of paperwork piled on the dark wooden table, yet my mind wasn't set on this, but on my beautiful mate, Sophia. Even though I had never admit this to anyone, not even myself, she meant more to me than anyone else in this world.