Chapter Two.

Chapter 2.

[ Ryan- Sophia's older brother ]

Laughing at Drake's joke, we all entered my house. My friends and I always hang out at mine after school and before. Sometimes they like to tease me about Sophia being my sister. But I always end up using my Beta voice to tell them to be quiet and shut up.

Sophia and I used to be close. But then, I shifted and she still hasn't, which automatically makes her the lowest of the pack. Which is why she gets bullied: because she's too weak. And I knew that if I did stand up for her, I would be bullied as well, and I wouldn't be Beta, which dad would be furious about. I truly do love her (even though I would never admit it to anyone), but I can't stand up for her, I just have to go along with the crowd. But I always do feel guilty after humiliating her, those words porbably hurt me more then her.

I entered the kitchen and found that there was no food anywhere. Normally, Sophia would cook for us as our parents were hardly ever at home. I told her to get food ready for us.

Damn it, why hasn't she? Does she want to embarrass me in front of my friends?

"Hey guys, hold up. I'm gonna go see Sophia. I'll be down in a minute," I said to them as they continued telling jokes and messing around.

Stomping up the stairs, I made my way to her bedroom. I knocked on her bedroom door gently at first, but when she didn't answer, I knocked louder.

Was she really testing my patience? But my wolf didn't have a good feeling about this, call it instinct, but he knew there was something most definitely wrong. This time, I pounded on her door.

I waited a few seconds and when she didn't answer, I flung the door open to an . . .empty-looking bedroom?

I looked around and noticed that most of her clothes were gone. Most of the things in her room were gone- not that she had much anyways. Her room was completely bare, apart from the furniture in the room and her pillow and bedsheets. I gasped as I looked around the room, taking everything in for the hundredth time.

Please don't tell me she did what I think she did, I prayed silently.

I looked around her room and in her bathroom and she wasn't anywhere to be found. Sniffing the air, I found her scent, although it was faint, indicating that she left a while ago.

I could feel my world crumbling. My young, innocent baby sister has left all because of her brother. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks now and I did nothing to stop them. It was all my fault. I didn't protect her. I chose my reputation and status over her, and suddenly, it didn't mean anything to me anymore.

What if something happens when she's out there?

I'd never ever be able to forgive myself. I sat down on her bed and rested my elbow on my knees. I buried my face in my palms and cried. The phrase, 'You don't know what you have until you lose it' really struck home right now.

Sobbing slightly, I mind-linked Chase as he was the Alpha, 'Ch-Chase, get at my h-house n-now. It's important.'

'I'm busy,' he replied. I knew exactly what he was talking about, but right now that wasn't important. She could be dying for all I knew. God forbid that happens.

'This is important Chase, h-hurry up. I'll be in Sophia's room,' I urgued him.

'Fine but if it's not important, you're getting your ass kicked.'

-

Few minutes later, he arrived. Since the pack house wasn't that far way, he could get here within two minutes if he was in werewolf form. But Chase was one the fastest pack members in the pack, being Alpha, so he could get here in less than a minute.