Despite Italy's loss, Theo put one hell of a fight.

The fact that they were still consistent by making it to the final is still great for business.

Once a ceremony is held to announce the winners of this year's FIFA World Cup, the prime minister of Malaysia hands over the trophy to the Netherlands.

As the winning team stands on the podium to raise their trophy, confetti fogs the stadium throughout the celebration period.

༄ ༄ ༄

Mute.

That's been Theo's status after his loss at the World Cup.

I haven't thought too much of it as work has kept me preoccupied.

For another business trip, I fly to L.A. a week later to attend the ESPY Awards.

Since one of the ESPY's sponsors is Varos, I can't miss such an important event.

The event is held every year to award athletes around the world for their achievements and performances.

Many fans are highly anticipating the showdown between Theo and Siam who are both nominated under the category of Best International Men's Soccer Player. 

After hours of getting glammed-up, Yara and I arrive at the Red Carpet.

Our makeup artists and stylists worked their best to give us a transformative look for the event.

And they succeeded.

Apart from styling my hair in toned down curls, they recommended the white one shoulder long sleeve dress I'm wearing; comprising a mermaid end.

Despite how Yara's also garbed in a mermaid dress, hers is more of a strapless dark red evening gown that compliments her slicked down voluminous curls.

Camera flashlights are first to greet us as we walk down the red carpet before halting in front of countless photographers for them to get their best shot of us.

Like a routine, I wear a fake smile on my face; doing my best to ignore the pain in my chest as it's getting heavier by the second.

"You both look stunning," 

"Mrs. Kashmir, are you and Theo DeVito a couple?"

"There are rumors that the World Cup final was potentially rigged in favor of the Netherlands. Any comments about that?"

I dismiss the photographers' questions as I continue posing in front of the cameras.

A female holding a microphone restrains us on the carpet for a quick interview.

After giving the interviewer very short and assertive responses to her questions, Yara and I make our way to the enormous theatre auditorium where the ceremony is held.  

"Are you sure you're okay sis?" Yara questions as she wears the same worried expression she's had throughout the ride here.

"Don't worry about me," I tell her in appreciation, "let's just enjoy the night."

She doesn't seem convinced by my response but doesn't press the topic further.

The unprecedented events of the past months have transpired so fast that I have yet to process them fully.

Nevertheless, I push my anxious thoughts to the back of my head once we take our seats at the auditorium.

The place is filled with thousands of guests all encircled around the grand stage; its rubber flooring illuminated by many light projectors.