The girl decided to move out of the city with her two close friends rather than live with her father for the simple reason of the stigma of rehab. In Daegu, everyone would know where she was and everything about her, but in the new city, Seoul, there was a sense of privacy that she could never get staying in Daegu.

Seoul was the capital of South Korea, holding the most Universities and Colleges in the country. Not only did it hold the majority of higher learning, but Seoul was also known as the place to find your dream or purpose in life. It was something Valerie's father claimed to be true and affected him before he moved to Daegu.

Valerie was lucky college wise, she was able to win a scholarship despite her being in rehabilitation. This was mainly due to the said scholarship being for past convicts, people deemed sane, and people just out of rehabilitation centers. The rule had been a bit bent on her part a bit, mainly due to her high grades along with the contribution to trophies she had won on her Middle and High School Wrestling teams.

Due to already beginning her classes one year and three months ago, she didn't have to worry about schooling as much as she had to worry about paying for furniture to fill the apartment her father gave her. Her father agreed to pay for her housing until she was out of college, knowing she wouldn't survive out there with her own money. She had to admit that was true, but how could he imagine she would be able to live and furnish the space she couldn't even afford? It meant one thing to Valerie, she had to call her father.

She hadn't physically heard from the man since she was put in rehab, the fact he offered to pay for her apartment and semesters while in rehab almost made her cry. If he paid for her apartment and college so far, he couldn't be that mad— could he?

Right now Valerie was given free time to do whatever she wanted until her ride came to Daegu. Her best friend was taking the time to come and help her get settled into life in Seoul. It was the perfect time to call her father to try and get some money to pay for her furnishings, but as soon as she picked up her phone to pull up the contact she felt her stomach drop.

Why was she so nervous? He was never aggressive with her, nor did he raise his voice often.

With her mind glossing over the look of regret on her father's face when he showed up at the police station, she knew why instantly. Valerie pushed her tanned fingers through her platinum blonde hair that turned a faded minty blue at the tips as if to push her anxiety out of her mind while her brown speckled green eyes stared at her father's contact 'Mighty Dad', about an anime show they watched together about heroes.

With a final gulp of bile, she tapped the call button, pulling the device up to her ear as it rang.

' Ring.'
' Ring.'
' Ring.'

Just as Valerie began to lose hope of her father answering her and contemplated aborting the mission, the call cut to the rough voice she grew up hearing her whole life.

" Yo, kid. What took you so long to call me?"

The familiarity in his voice made Valerie's heart pick up and feel lighter.
" Hey..." Valerie breathed out as if thankful," I guess I was a bit scattered..."
" 'Course you were, your head was always up in the clouds. What do you need?"
The woman licked her lips and thought for a moment about how to word what she needed without sounding greedy— her father just agreed to put down the down payment and pay for the rent of her new apartment," I'm... I'm very grateful for all that you're doing for me as it is and everything... but I'm kind of broke if you can't remember... so I was wondering if you were willing to pay for my first groceries and furniture...? I'll pay you back in the future, dad, promise."
" Ah, money troubles... yeah I forgot about that one... Use my card info on your phone. It's still connected to my card, right?"
" Probably, I can check. If not, I'll text you. And honestly... thanks for everything." Valerie spoke sincerely to her father on the phone.
" Stop thanking me, you'll probably never stop talking. Plus, now you can look towards the future, Beautiful."

The nickname made her heart warm, instantly putting her to ease as she officially knew the man wasn't upset with her. It was a nickname she had missed, as narcissistic as that sounded. Growing up, she grew up with her parents' insecurities but despite having them she was beautiful. Her father hated how he looked different from everyone being a foreigner with almost white hair and hazel eyes that would make anyone stare. Her mother hated her mono-lid eyes, preferring her husband's double-lidded ones more, along with her tanned skin due to society's preference. Then Valerie, ironically, had gotten all those traits and more, including her mother's smile and a physique able to build muscle like her father.

" Fine... But will I be seeing you before Rose gets me?"
" Chaeyong Park's getting you? Really? She of all people is getting you? Isn't it a 12-hour trip back and forth?"
" Yeah, I haven't eaten yet so we can eat lunch and have a late dinner together." The woman states," So? Will you be in Seoul any time soon?"
" No, I won't. I think I'll be out there to visit during midterms if anything. Too busy here running the gym."
" Alright... See you then dad," Valerie nodded into the phone as she tried to plan ahead of time despite knowing nothing involving her schedule in the future.
" See you, Beautiful."
The phone went to a dial tone, making her hang up herself as she pushed her phone into her back pocket and stood to get her bag. When Valerie came to the facility she was wearing the outfit she currently had on. The two-year-old outfit was a black faded band t-shirt her father introduced her to that came out when he moved to South Korea, very faded light blue jeans, a black backpack, and black high top converse.

The backpack Valerie had was returned to her earlier in the day, it's purpose was to hold the outfit she was wearing, her electronics, keys to her new apartment that her dad dropped off, and shoes. Having only those items worked out for her greatly due to not needing anything else when she moved.

Now, all she had to do was wait for the call from her best friend coming to get her. A girl Valerie had met six to seven years ago in middle school, forming a bond so tight that they were still friends while she was in rehab.

Her attention shifted, making her take her bag and go to the stairwell that led to the field of Camp Henry where people trained like military personnel. As Valerie walked down the stairs each step echoed off of the walls, becoming louder and eerie no matter the pace she went down. It was something that brought her anxiety in the building, though many things in the building brought tremendous amounts.
She moved the sound of the echoes to the back of her head, her attention being back on climbing downstairs to feel the sun one last time before she left. Valerie found the little time she got during breaks to be the happiest time of her day, she just sat and let the sun beat down on her.

The other people admitted were treated like first-time military personnel. Everything was in the open, you were treated like shit unless you had athletic abilities– luckily for Valerie— and you were put on a military-like system of sleeping, training, and eating.

The moment her fingers pushed the metal door's hinge open and went outside her mind was blank. Her feet seemed to guide themselves to a grassy spot in the sun's rays as birds and people training could be heard around her. When she felt the sun warming her a hum left her lips, allowing her to relax in the sunshine and breeze.

The hum was the tune of a song she heard years before she entered the camp, it showed just how sheltered the people in the building were. She had been completely cut off from society for years and now she had to regain social skills that were unused in the Camp.

Valerie's phone ringing made her jump in excitement at the thought of her friend being at the building to get her, so she pulled out the phone and answered it with a 'hey'.

" Come out bitch, time for your new life!"