Chapter One: Beginnings

For what seemed like eons, young Qūzhújiàn paced in front of his father's palace. With the news that his father's arch enemy was to rise against his father once more, the heavens had become restless.

Warriors trained day and night, the forges of the royal blacksmiths could be heard throughout the day and night, creating weapons and armor of the finest make. The guards around the Heavenly Palace of his father had been tripled and his father even ordered the Eight Immortals to guard his mother at all times.

The skies above heaven shone a bright sea green with contrasting gold surrounding it. The Palace itself took the color of the heavenly skies, being made of the finest sky silver. Intricate designs were scattered throughout the palace, all showing images of the royal family, but mostly his father, the Supremely High Emperor of the Heavens as he fought the Demon Warlord who listed after his father's throne.

The walls of the celestial palace glowed a soft golden color with his father's symbol emblazoned upon all the Gates leading up to the central Palace itself, the symbols colored a bright gold.

The Prince of the Heavens was brought out of his musings by the sound of a heavy, armored boot hitting the Heavenly Steel and Silver floor. Looking up, the young prince smiled at his dear friend who was the most loyal in his father's royal court.

"Good day Long Wang, Father is expecting you. He sent me to escort you directly to him in the war council" The young prince said respectfully.

The Dragon King smiled and nodded. He was a tall and muscular being of great power and the most respected of all the lords in the Jade Emperor's royal court. He had the massive build of a man, packed with muscles born from centuries of fighting, but the most astonishing feature that made him stand out the most was his head that was shaped of a dragon. He won Jade Emperor's personal respect and friendship during the long years of war against the large armies of the Demon Warlord that sought to take the Heavenly Throne. If it wasn't for Jade Emperor arriving when he did, The Heavens would be ruled by Demons today.

"Very well my prince, lead the way" The Dragon King responded after he bowed deeply in respect to the young prince.

Qūzhújiàn too bowed to his friend as a sign of respect before leading him through his father's palace. The royal guards bowed to the pair before moving aside and allowing them entry into the Central Palace. On the walls were depictions of Qūzhújiàn's accomplishments, ranging from taming the Jiu Wei, or The Fox Demon, then defeating the Ox and Horse head brother's in a duel. The young prince is also one of the few Gods to actually slay Archnea, the hundred-twenty eyed one. Archnea is the only demon to ever have over 100 eyes as they are always killed once they eat 100 victims by the Gods due to them being near unstoppable by the time they gain their 100th eye.

The Dragon King has walked down this hall before but he is always surprised to find more depictions of even more achievements from the young Prince. He turned his attention to the son of the Heavenly Grandfather and gave him a proud smile.

"So the rumors are true then. You did defeat the two brothers that guard Pan Guan's domain!" The Ancient Dragon King said, pride evident in his voice.

The young Prince smiled and nodded. "It was quite a fight. Father said I should test my skills in combat and so I decided to duel the two brothers. It was truly a great honor even fighting them, let alone defeating them" The prince replied respectfully.

The Dragon King nodded. "Very well done my young prince. One day, you will make a fine ruler of the Heavens!" The Dragon Headed ruler praised as they continued their journey to the Heavely Grandfather's war council.

The rest of the trip was made in silence as they traversed the Heavenly Peach Garden of his mother, Queen of the Heavens. Then they made it past the Royal Training Court, where hundreds of deities trained in the arts of war or even seek endurance or strength. All of these and many more can be obtained in the Royal Training Court. Once past, they came upon the Royal kitchens then turned left towards the throne room.