The merman smirked, breathlessly whispering, "Don't be shy."

Jeongguk awkwardly shifted his gaze from the sand to Jimin's face, his fist playfully hitting the elder's bare chest while he muttered "S─shut up.." while blushing slightly.

A laugh escaped Jimin's mouth, he flopped himself next to the embarrassed human.

"You should've seen your face, it was hilarious!" The silver tailed said, catching his breath.

Jeongguk rolled his eyes playfully.

Jimin sat up straight, both of the boys enjoyed a comfortable silence for a minute or two.

Jeongguk glanced at Jimin's impressive tail, eyes glancing over his fins and going higher up to where his tail transitioned smoothly into his body, a few individual silver scales on his v-line until there was only skin and muscle.

Eventually, his eyes fell upon his wrist.

Jeongguk's eyebrows furrowed, questions roaming around in his head.

Jimin's wrist, with Taehyung's bracelet securely around it.

When Jimin lifted his eyes to meet his, he noticed the confused look and followed the human's gaze downwards. Jimin's eyes widened when he realised it, he mentally facepalmed himself.

Chuckling uncomfortably, his other hand reached for the bracelet and he fiddled with it, covering it a little.

"O─oh, right! You see, I really liked it, and Taehyung let me wear it for one day. 'M sorry if I seem rude or something like that, I just couldn't keep my eyes off Taehyung's wrist when he wore it. He noticed and since we're best friends, he let me borrow it for a few hours." He smiled, scratching the back of his head.

Jeongguk 'aah'ed', nodding in understanding. "It's alright, I guess. If he said so. As long as you give it back to him, I'm okay with it."

"Of course, silly! I won't keep it for myself! Hell no!" Jimin grimaced internally, now he had to give it back.

Jeongguk wasn't completely convinced yet by Jimin's explanation. Something just seemed a little.. off.

That made him wonder,
"Wait, how did you know that Taehyung and I meet up daily? At this time? Did he tell you?"

Jimin shrugged, "Just a guess. When I saw Taehyung disappear two times, it was at the exact same time, at night. I thought that maybe you'd be here waiting for him, so I came."

"Taehyung didn't tell you about it?" Jimin bit his lip, shaking his head.

"Oh, I see.."

Now a rather awkward silence took over.

"So uh.. Taehyung once told me about you guys having mates! The person you choose to spend the rest of your life with. Have you found your mate yet?" Jeongguk piped, deciding to switch to a fun topic.

Jimin was surprised by the sudden question, but he happily answered.

"No, I haven't. I'd love to, though. It's just that I have a very specific type, you don't find mine in the sea that easily."

Jungkook smiled while turning to look at the other, who smiled back even wider. "Well, don't you worry, there are a lot of fish in the sea." He laughed at his own joke. "I'm sure you'll find your special someone someday!"

"Have you found your mate yet?" Jimin asked curiously.

Jeongguk chuckled. "We don't call them 'mates' in our world, we call them boyfriends or girlfriends. In my case, no, I haven't found a boyfriend yet. I haven't really been interested in dating since I'm busy with my job and stuff. Guess it also hasn't really crossed my mind. Also, our world works a bit different. You don't have a life-long relationship, there is a possibility that you break up."

Notes From The Sea ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें