13. Proposal

Manik and friends partied all night and retired to their respective places while Maddy stayed with Manik obviously.

"So...when are you planning to propose..??" Maddy asked rolling on the bed while Manik looked at him shocked.

"What..?? Bro...See I know you very well...and Nandini is a nice girl...You can very well go ahead..." Maddy said while Manik blushed and said "Nothing like that.."

"So...Can I proceed then..??" Maddy asked making Manik cough.

"What do you mean by that..??" Manik asked in shock.

"What..?? I like her dude...I stopped thinking that you love her...If not, then I can proceed na..." Maddy said.

"Nooooo.....She is like your sister..." Manik said in confused tone, not knowing what to do.

"What.? Who said that..??" Maddy asked and hid his mischievous smile.

"Maddy...Shut up...I love her...You can't see her in that angle..." Manik said in frustration and Maddy laughed out loud saying "Don't worry bro...I was just kidding...She is all yours...and yeah...ofcourse she is like my sister..Happy..??"

Manik smiled and hugged him.

"But yeah do tell her before someone takes her away.." Maddy warned and Manik smiled with a nod.

Next 2 days, Maddy left to US.

The next morning, Manik woke up to see Nyonika beside him. He rubbed his eyes to see properly and squealed in happiness seeing her in real.

"Mommmmmmmmm" He hugged her tightly and she hugged him back.

"How are you my bacha...??" She asked ruffling his hairs and he replied with a wide smile "Too good mom..."

"Ramu kaka was taking good care of you...??" She asked while getting up.

"yeah...and Nandini in college....She takes good care of me.." He said and Nyonika's smile dropped.

"Ohh..That's good to hear...Acha Manik...Call your friends...we will have small house party...Even I want to meet them..." She said faking a smile.

He happily agreed and called everyone to come to his place in the evening and informed that his mother came.

At the breakfast table,

"Manik..What did you think of doing after MBA..??" Nyonika asked.

"Umm...not yet decided Mom.." He said sipping his juice.

"Then...come with me na...You can handle our business..." Nyonika said making him shock.

"Mom...No...I want to be here..." He said.

"Here..?? what will you do here beta...?? You can get experience while handling our business..." She insisted.

"Mom..we will talk about it later...Please..." He asked making a cute face and she smiled.

"I know Manik why you don't want to come with me....I will see that Nandini who turned you towards her..." She thought.

"Do you love someone Manik..??" She asked making him shock.

"Umm..why did you ask that..??" He asked not making eye contact with her.

"Come on Manik...I'm your mom..tell me...Mumma is your best friend na...You know you can share it with me darling..." Nyonika tricked him to say.

"I think I love Nandini Mom..." He said with a blush.

"You think...??" She asked in a suspicious tone.

"Ummm...well...I love her...actually...but...I don't know about her...I have to confess to her.." He said and she smiled with a nod.

"Let me meet her in the evening..." She said while Manik smiled slightly and said "I'm sure you will like her..."

"Will see..." She said with a smile.

In the evening, all his friends came and Nyonika welcomed everyone. She was friendly with everyone when Manik introduced them to her.

"I need to talk to you after this..." He whispered to Nandini while she blushed.

They had dinner and everyone left bidding bye to Manik and his mom. Nandini stayed as Manik insisted that he will drop her. He thought to express his feelings after seeing Nyonika receiving her so well.

"So finally here I meet you Nandini.." Nyonika said sarcastically when Manik went to take his car.

"Go..Manik is waiting...and yeah...come tomorrow beta...I couldn't talk to you properly today..." Nyonika said with a fake smile.

"Umm..sure aunty..." Nandini said and left with Manik.

"Nandu.." Manik called her when she was looking out of window.

He stopped the car in a secluded place and got down while she too did being confused.

"Manik..why did you stop here...??" She asked.

He knelt before her making her gasp in surprise and said "I don't want to beat around the bushes Nandini...I don't even know that....I feel happy and secured when you are with me...Will you be with me lifelong..??"

He said forwarding the ring he bought with Maddy. She smiled widely and said "With pleasure my baby..."

He smiled and placed the ring on her finger and stood to kiss her temple and hugged her tightly.

"Manikkkk" Nandini screamed when he was about to hit the divider, dreaming about the scenario.

He stopped the car with a jerk and looked at her.

"Ummm...I'm so sorry Nandu..Are you ok..??" He asked checking her while her heart pounded loudly against her chest.

She just nodded and he drove slowly, scolding himself for stupidity. He lost all the mood to propose her and dropped her at home.

"You said you wanted to talk..??" She asked while getting down.

"Yeah...But I spoiled the mood...that's ok...I will tell you tomorrow..waise it's too late...aunty might be waiting for you..." He said and she ruffled his hair and said "ok...anyway your mom asked me to come tomorrow...she said she couldn't talk properly today.."

"Great...I think mom likes you.." He said with cheerful smile. She too smiled and left wishing him good night and he came home with all smiles thinking of the next day and his proposal, unaware of the cyclone that's awaiting for them.

Ignore mistakes...

2 more parts to go...