Chapter 16: Break Through!

Mulai dari awal

Zero: "It has to be done, so long as Cornelia treats us as nothing but annoying flies she will never listen to us."

Ohgi: "Then why don't we work with the Japan Liberation Front?"

Zero: "Ohgi, do you not remember that we killed Josui Kusakabe? Or could it be your starting to doubt me as a leader?"

Ohgi: "What do you mean? I've never doubted you, not after everything you've done for us, not even now."

Zero: "That's good to hear, remember that well for the future." The Britannian forces had begun to move, aircraft could be seen flying in from all directions. "They've made their move."

Tamaki: "What the hell?!" He turned to me. "You've got to be kidding Zero, those troops coming in have this place totally surrounded. There's no way out!"

Zero: "Then we'll simply have to force our way out through them."

Inoue: "What?! We can't fight the Britannians!"

Tamaki: "Let me get this straight, we're surrounded and you want us to fight them head-on?"

Sugiyama: "We'd be fighting Cornelia, her forces are stronger than any we've encountered."

Zero: "You sound as if defeat is certain, but you are wrong. For it only takes one miracle to decide the battle."

Ohgi: "What are you saying?"

Zero: "Cornelia's forces are not invincible, all it takes is the right conditions like those in Saitama."

Tamaki: "But pulling this off isn't going to be cheap, the price could be our lives! I knew it was insane to make you our leader, it should be me!" I drew my sidearm before he could aim his rifle, causing him to freeze.

Zero: "You're correct, but you're a fool for thinking you're lives were never on the line. Whether you are soldiers, terrorists, or Black Knights, your lives will always be on the line. So if you think you can live without me and escape here today." I threw my pistol to the ground and held out my hands to my sides. "Then shoot me. Someone? Anyone?" There was a moment of stunned silence. "As Black Knights, you will either live with me or die with me. There are no other options."

Tamaki lowered his gun and the Black Knights gave in, finally getting it ingrained into their skulls that I was their leader. With that matter settled, I had an appointment to keep, as the timing of the landslide affected the results. Entering my Burai, I gave the Black Knights the order to prepare to move out. The intent of this operation was to entrap Cornelia and breakthrough her forces, actually capturing her was of no importance. Giving Kallen the order, she readied the Guren for using the Radiant Wave Surger on the second electrode embedded in the ground. It was showtime.

Seconds after using it, the ground started to shake and then erupted as the underground water had boiled and built up enough pressure to cause an explosive landslide. Rushing down the side of the mountain, the dirt was sure to catch Cornelia's attention and her ire. I knew, without the need for confirmation, that many of her units had fallen victim to the trap. It didn't reach as far as Lelouch's, but it barely damaged the city at the foot of the mountain, which was good for the civilians still there.

On my order, the Black Knights made their move. D.D. was in charge of the main ground forces, while I would command my unit of Knightmares, including the Guren. As for C.C., she would stay out of the fighting and wait for her moment to appear. Eventually, Tohdoh entered the battlefield, providing the extra assistance we would need, and in the end, everything went according to plan. Cornelia was entrapped and there was nothing she could do.