Ariel (Chapter 32)

Thomas POV

Why is he not sitting with us? It's been three weeks since we have got back from Christmas break. For some reason, Mark still hasn't talked to anyone. He did finally talk to us after a week back from Christmas break. Well, actually he only spoke to Liam because Liam had caught Mark in the middle of the hallway. Liam said that Mark told him that he can't be friends with us. He has not talked to me or anyone else in our friend's group since then. I would understand if it was me but everyone he knows too. I thought everything was going well between us. No one knows why he isn't talking to us anymore. Liam has tried to talk to him since but he doesn't respond at all. This whole situation just makes me mad.

He usually sits by me in Supernatural 101." settle down class we getting started now," Mr. Cain says in his normal mean voice. " Lucky for you guys we are starting the easily subject today. Octha Weylyn" He says as everyone starts to whisper. " Everyone should at least know the basics of him," He tells as our books open up. They start to flip to different pages. It lands on a page called "the worst time in the world, Octha Weylyn" I don't know why but this makes a lump in my throat. Whenever Octha Weylyn name is brought up I start to feel weird.

" uhh" I hear Jessica say as she looks down at her phone. What could she be looking at? " Omg," I hear a girl from the other side of the class say. I think Mr. Cain heard too because he looks over at her. Then a whole bunch of phone starts to go off to. " Guys what have I said in the past about phones. Don't make me turn all your phones back to frogs because this time there would be snakes instead." He says with a bit of anger. I hear my phone go off too. I grab my phone out of my bag. I've got a mass message from Rebecca on IG. I chick on it to see a photo of Ariel. On the top it says Missing. " Oh no," I say softly out loud.

I know her. Well, I don't know that well but that doesn't take away the impact of the situation. I know she is close friends with Rebecca." I know her" I whispered to Jessica as her face drops. I wonder how she is taking this? "Am gonna check on her after class" I tell Jessica as she nods her head at me to say I'll come to comfort and question her too.

" Mr. Cain another child went missing." I boy says to him that is close to him. His face gets furious for a second into he gains his composure again. Everyone looks at him waiting for his response. I think everyone is waiting for him to say something rude or a politically incorrect statement. " Well let's hope she gets found including the two other students." He says as he opens up his book. I Am shocked that he said that. " That's it?" I hear a girl in the crowd said to him.

" At least he said something nice," Charlotte tells me. She took Mark's spot so now she sits next to me. Which I don't mind. " Yeah," Mr. Cain says as he looks back at the book. " Open up to page 467," He says as you can hear people start to flip through pages. " She was one of my closest friends! Is she even going to get found? Everyone else that has gone missing hasn't returned yet. One of them has been missing since September. Am not sure about you guys but I am not staying here to get Kidnap too. " Girl says as she stands up. That when I realized that girl is Raven. Am pretty sure that's Charlotte's roommate. Again I don't know much about her except that she has an Attitude issue and she friends with Rebecca. Rebecca is always telling me all the tea she knows.

" Okay, does anyone have questions about this whole situation, I want to make sure that everything is clear." He asks everyone after Raven leaves the class. I guess feels as if it's his responsibility to give answers to us. "Do you think the missing kids are  still alive?" A girl says from the other side of the class. I think everyone has been wanting to know this. " We don't know but I personally believe that there are still alive." He says in his normal voice. " Do there have any idea who could have taken the kids?" I hear Jessica announce to every one to hear. I didn't realize until now that she has her notepad out taking notes on this. "The school has a couple of suspects but no we have no leads or anything." He says to everyone. Well, all the evidence there have is that photo I have of the misspell. "Is it true this may have a connection with Octha Weylyn?" I guys say as I can feel the lump get bigger in my throat. " We don't know anything about that yet, but Octha Weylyn has been dead for many years now." He tells us trying to make everyone feel better. But for me, it does the opposite. Just the thought of him makes me sick.

" Hey everyone how about you guys go ahead and skip this class. We pick up where we left off at tomorrow." Me Cain tells us. I Am shock that he would cancel a class for the day. He's not the type of teacher to do that. But I guess he doesn't have to tell the class twice because everyone gets up and leaves. Before I know it am being pushed out of our row by Charlotte. " Move it, Thomas," She says as she laughs. Once am out of the row she pushes me upstairs too. " Charlotte" I yell as I try to stop myself. But I can't help but laugh at this too. Jessica and Ned look back at me and laugh about what's going on here. "Charlotte let go of me," I tell as we start to make it towards the exit door. "Okay" Is all she says to me as she lets go of me. I wasn't prepared to stop out of anywhere so I end up ramming my body into someone by accident. " am sorry " I tell the person. " It's okay" I hear the person say as my mind starts to work overtime to figure out that voice because my ears were a bit out of forced. My mind finally clicks on someone's voice. " Mark?" I tell the person.

My eyes also adjust as I can see that it's Mark for sure. I can see his face turn red and walk the other way fast. " Mark" I hear my broken voice yell out loud. I go to follow him into he turns around to face me and all of our friends. " Thomas stop! We can't be together. So just stop." He says as he walks off again. He said it so plainly like he had no emotions left in his body. I don't know why but this hurts a lot more than I thought it would. But I still think there something else going on with him. "Thomas?" I hear Jessica ask me as she puts her hand on my shoulder." That's not Mark" I tell her. " Thomas he's probably going through something right now you should just give him so time." I hear Beth tell me as she walks up to me too. " Are you okay Thomas?" Jeb says to me. "Yeah, Liam let's go the Dragon 101 before we are late," I tell him as we all leave the building.

~~

When Jessica and I get to Rebecca's room we stop to talk before we knock. It's been a while since I found out what happened to Ariel. I know Rebecca was friends with her. So am not really sure how she is doing. I know she wasn't there in class today.

"Okay so bad cop, good cop?" Jessica says to me as she pulls out her notepad. "No just try to be nice."I tell her as I knock on Rebecca's door.

" Who there?" I hear Rebecca shout from the other side of the door. " It's Thomas and Jessica" I yell through the door to her. When I say that I can what sounds like something heavy being drag across the room. " Just give me a sec, I have to move the table" I hear from the other side of the door. Her voice sounds a bit weak than usual. " Don't forget to be nice" I whisper to Jessica as the door opens.

Before I know it Rebecca jumps on me and wraps her arms around me and hugs me. " Thank God you guys are here," She says as she walks over to Jessica and hugs her. I look at her better and she is wearing a sweatshirt with grey pants and no make-up. She has never looked so natural. Then she walks inside her room as to single us to come in. I look to the side of me to see that her desk has been moved. So that's what the noise was. I look at her room to see that it blank. I thought it would be cover in photos and lights. Then I look at her bed to see that she has her suitcase open with clothes in it. Is she just now unpack from Christmas break?

" Are you just unpacking?" I ask her as I sit on a chair that's in the middle of the room. " No am packing up." she says to me and Jessica as our faces dropped. " What why are you leaving," Jessica says as she gets closer to her. " It's not safe here. Three kids have gone missing and one of them was a close friend of mine. " She says as she shut her suitcase. She blows out a side of breath. " my family is making me leave today." She says as she looks down. " Am not the only person leaving today." She tells me as she stands back up. " am glad you came to see me" She says as hugs Jessica then me. She grabs her suitcase and begins to leave.

" Wait, did anything out of the ordinary happen before Ariel was kidnapped." Jessica asks as Rebecca stops to think. " Umm no not really, except that the school finds a note this morning," she says as Jessica pulls out her notepad and writes it down. This makes Rebecca laugh. I can tell it's been a bit since she has laughs. " What was on the note," I ask her as she leaves the room, so we follow close behind her. "I don't know, but thank you for the laugh, you guys." She says as she gives us one last hug. "Stay safe," I tell her as she smiles. " Jonah likes you, so go for it." Rebecca says to me with a smile. How long has she known about him? She also doesn't seem to be mad. But before I can ask she is out of the hallway.

" Now we know that there are notes," Jessica says as she reads her notepad. I can't forced on that after what Rebecca said to me. So Jonah does have feels for me after all.