- 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔶. ミ

Depuis le début

He could see his father was growing weaker with every day that went by, as well. Jim was already declining into old age, but his pride and the need for money stood in his way from retiring. The Asher's were co-owners of their farm, but they couldn't leave the entire thing to them. Paul wished Jim could step down, afraid that he was pushing himself to the edge to support his sons and would get sick or hurt. In the end, Mike or Paul would inherit the farm after him. And Paul knew now it would never be him. He had thought so before, but now..

"Paul, are you sure yer alright with yer scar? You don't want it to open up again, or somethin'." George blinked worriedly at his friend, reaching to poke his shoulder and get his attention.

"I'll be fine, George. It's not too bad, it's sealed over long ago. It just gives me pain sometimes, is all." Paul replied with a shrug. He sat up, brushing off the dead grass that had clung to his back before turning to face his body in his friend's direction. He had to tell them now what he had decided. 

"What's up, Paulie? I can tell you wanna say somethin'." Ringo blinked at him kindly. He always seemed to know what his friends were thinking.

"Right, well.." Paul started, licking his lips. He felt suddenly nervous. How would they react to his news? "I've decided I'm gonna do it."

"Do what?" George stared at him in confusion.

"Run away with John." Paul blinked, gaze casting to the floor, heart leaping anxiously. It felt so much different and terrifying now that it had been said out loud. He would be leaving Mike and his father all alone. It would be a long time before it would be safe for him to visit them again.

"What?" Ringo blinked, eyes wide and bright with shock. "Are you serious? Like, actually serious?"

"Yeah." Paul nodded, feeling determination rising in his chest. It's what he deserves. It's what him and John deserve. Somewhere where they can truly be together, as much as they could in this cruel world. He could see George opening his mouth to speak, so he cut in quickly before he could. "I've thought about it long and hard. I can't live in this life of secrecy anymore. It seems I'm fightin' for me life every single second, workin' three jobs just to put a measly fucking plate of potatoes on the table. I feel so overworked, tired, hungry all the time. I run on 3 hours of sleep a night and 2 or less meals a day. I've felt this way for all my life, I know - but it's time to put an end to it. I deserve to be happy with John. I want to be able to be with him. Our lives are too separate, too far apart, we won't be able to carry on in this situation. John's aunt has gotten increasingly suspicious, keepin' him locked in.. he's about to marry a girl he doesn't love and be crowned king, something he doesn't want. He deserves better than that. I want to run away with him." 

His friends gazed at him in a shocked silence, nothing being heard except for the continuous buzzing of bees and the occasional crisp call of a bird. George blinked and suddenly smiled as he came to terms with it.

"Wow. You're in love."

"What??" Paul spluttered, cheeks going red. In love?? Wh.. "N-no! I.." his voice died in his throat as he fought to speak, suddenly unable to do anything except bite his nails. Am I in love with John? 

"C'mon! Admit it to yerself. John's obviously way in love with you already." George rolled his eyes as if he expected him to know that already. Ringo just attempted to suppress a laugh by coughing.