A Mansion in the Forest

Start from the beginning

I was not at all surprised to find a grand interior. As we cruised down the hall, Lillie asked me about my family. "Aren't your parents worried that you're here?" she fussed with her hat, pulling it to the side in an angle. "No. My mom likes it when I learn new things and go to new regions," my face clouded over. "My dad left when I was a baby. he had problems with my mom," I shrugged it off, but I still had to hold back a tear from streaming down my face. "I'm sorry. My father left too, but he was taken by an Ultra Beast. One day, my mother, brother and I will find him," her voice was determined as she turned into a foyer filled with paintings of her family. "Ultra Beast?" I let confusion creep into my tone. "Oh right! They're mysterious creatures that come from Ultra Wormholes," she reached into her bag and tugged out a photograph. I looked, my brow furrowing, at a silver-rainbow tube that seemed to be alive even in the photo. "Our class are the Ultra Guardians, commanded by my mother. We help return Ultra Beasts to there home," she stopped and turned to me seriously. "Your Ash is quite remarkable. he took care of Poipole, an Ultra Beast, and Cosmog, which evolved into the Legendary Pokemon Solgaleo," I smiled sadly. "That's amazing. I just doubt he is my Ash anymore," Lillie rolled her eyes and shook her head in disapproval as we walked into the last passage before her room. "Nonsense. Mallow has more bark than bite." she gestured towards a room and I walked in. It was a large, spacious one, with a gold-embellished white-blanketed bed and a wooden desk. On the wall opposite the bed were nine large grooves carved into it, all in different Eeveelution colors. They were lined with similar-colored satin as the curtains that draped the windows. An elegant rustic wooden clock ticked the seconds away as Lillie blushed and held out her Pokeball, releasing Snowy.

"I may sound a little weird, but I always wanted to know what Snowy says. Can you help?" she pleaded. "Of course!" I responded. "Are you the one The Lord Blessed?" said Snowy in a tingly, icy voice. I translated to Lillie and she clapped her hands excitedly. "Yes," I responded. "What do you think about Lillie?" I cooed, tickling her on the stomach. Backing away shyly, Snowy thought for a moment, then bounded up and down. "Oooh! Lillie has been my caretaker since I was an Egg, and she took care of me. I was the first Pokemon she touched, and I feel so proud! She's an amazing Trainer and I'm glad I'm with her." I told Lillie what she said and then frowned. "What's wrong?" she asked worriedly. "Snowy said 'the first Pokemon she touched'. What does that mean?" Lillie's eyes misted over. "Well, when I was young I was taken away by an Ultra Beast, I was traumatized and never touched Pokemon after that. Gradually, with Snowy helping along the way, I was finally able to touch them!" she explained to me. Backing out of my room, she handed me a golden bell and walked down the corridor to her own. "My room is right next to yours!" she called. "Ring that bell and Lena will be at your service! Dinner is at 8!" I shouted back a confirming answer and lugged my suitcase towards the bed. "Let's go, everyone!" I cried, tossing nine Pokeballs up in the air. "Hello. I was Blessed by Arceus and now can understand you and turn into any Eeveelution I want to!" I said excitedly. "Cool!" said Eevee, springing happily. Umbreon shook his head and bowed down. "My Lord," he murmured in a raspy voice. The others followed his lead and dropped as well. After five minutes had passed and my legs were getting sore, Sylveon bounced up and circled me. "Wow," muttered Espeon, stretching her slender legs and staring hungrily at the sleeping wall. "After that long journey, a nap sounds alluring," she yawned, then lifted herself with Psychic up to her lavender cave. "Satin!" cried Eevee as she bounded into her silver one. "Can you help, Umbreon?" I asked him. "Sure," he raised every other Pokemon to their allotted space and rested under Espeon's. "Night," called Eevee. "Night," responded the others sleepily.

I smiled silently down at my Pokemon. Unlocking my luggage, I unpacked several bikinis and wraps, as well as sundresses and glasses. Putting my shower items in the bath and placing my teeth care pieces near the sink, I mopped sweat of my brow and stared satisfactorily at my empty suitcase. I let the chime of the bell ring through the house, and Lena appeared a second later. "Please take this to the storing room," I requested. "Miss," she lowered her gaze and scurried away. I eyed the room and spotted a beautiful dark green halterneck dress flopped on the bed. It was made of satin, with an asymmetrical skirt and a similar-colored sash pulled into a bow on the back. It came with a pair of dark laurel pumps and a crystal hairpin in the shape of a flower. Next to it lay a white silk gown for wearing at the house, with a knee-length skirt and a comfortable cowl neckline. I grabbed the pile of my own clothes and headed into the walk-in closet. Inside, about ten dresses in the same color and style as the green dress hung perfectly ironed, as well as five of the housedresses. In a glass drawer, stunning, glinting emerald jewelry lay, basking in the sunlight streaming from a rectangular window above. As I looked at the bottom of the closet, heels and white flats sat before a golden line. "Wow," I breathed. I must have been admiring my room for a long time because my voice was croaky with disuse. Clearing my throat, I stashed my clothes in a drawer and closed the closet door, which made a creaking sound. I folded the green dress and the things that came with it neatly and placed the pile on the desk. I took off my floaty dress and changed into the nightgown, then tied my wavy locks into a side braid with a white ribbon and slipped on the flats. I walked outside and handed my sandy-skirted dress to a nearby suited butler, who took it soundlessly and click-clacked with his leather boaters as he took them away. I ran down to the next room and knocked on the door politely. "Come in!" came Lillie's muffled voice. I dashed inside and smiled.

She was frantically trying to push her straight platinum-blonde locks into a ponytail, but I glided towards her and took the ice-blue scrunchie out of her hand. I gathered all her hair and tied it cutely to the side. She breathed a sigh of relief and slumped back. "Whew. Thanks," her hair tie matched perfectly with her nightgown, a dress of similar style to mine except with a tint of frosty blue. "You look great!" she said admiringly. "You too!" I grinned. She glanced at her grandfather clock and raised her eyebrows. "You're early, dinner is in ten minutes," she said, looking surprised. Lillie got up and flopped on her bed, which was the same color as mine. As she patted the seat next to her, I sat down and propped my head up with my hand. "I'll tell you about my family now," she said with a mischievous smile. "My mother is Lusamine. She is the head of the Aether Foundation, a group dedicated to protecting wild Pokemon and researching Ultra Beasts," she took a deep breath and shook her head. "You know my father. His name is Mohn," at that moment, I knew for sure she was an optimist. She believed she could rescue her father, and that was why she used 'is' to describe her father. I admired that about her. "My brother's name is Gladion, and he is a Dark-type trainer. He has a rare Pokemon named Silvally, who can change his type," my eyebrows shot up in astonishment. "He is icy to people he doesn't know, but when you get to be with him you'll realize he is really sweet," Lillie chuckled, probably at the thought of what might happen if someone told him that. "That's all," she waited for me to tell me about my siblings, and I obliged. "I have a sister named Bianca. She's a Pokéstylist in Sinnoh and rarely comes home," I responded a little flatly. "Oh," said Lillie, unsure of what to say next. We sat in awkward silence until her clock chimed two, to which she jumped up, nearly bounded into her slippers, and dashed out the door. She stopped for a moment to beckon me. "Come on! Mother dislikes it when people are late!" she warned me before leaning to one side and running the other. I gulped nervously at the first impression I would make if I arrived after the scheduled time. Shooting up and running after Lillie, we arrived just before it struck 2:01.

"Ah! You must be Liana," said a woman with a long mane of blonde hair and a cute outfit. "This is my mother, Lusamine," said Lillie. I bowed my head politely and said: "Pleased to make your acquaintance, Madame." I stated courteously. She waved her hand and clucked her tongue. "No need for such stiffness. Call me Lusamine," she said dismissively. "Sit," she commanded us. I slid into my chair and brought up a silver-wrought spoon to my mouth. Suddenly, the table rocked and food started falling off the sides. A red-haired maid's hand shot up to her mouth and she quickly began catching plates and saving jugs of water from spilling all over the floor. "Use Stone Edge!" instructed a male voice. I glanced up and saw a boy that looked just like Lillie, except with a half-shaved head which was carved with slashes and the rest hanging in locks on the side. He wore a tattered hoodie and a pair of ripped black pants, as well as red shoes and a similar-colored rectangular fanny pack on his waist. I smiled serenely and quickly transformed into an Espeon, dodging nimbly to the side and using Psychic to stop the jagged blue stones from cracking across the floor. I shot a couple of Swifts towards them and quickly changed back into a human, and posed under the fall of shining cerulean sparkles. "A true Performer!" gasped Lusamine with a respectful clap. Gladion's eyes looked like they were about to bulge out of his head. "You must be the one Arceus Blessed!" he cried. "Yes, actually. Pleased to meet you, Gladion." I said pleasantly. "I'm sorry," he mumbled, blushing under the floppy side of his hair. "I was just wondering what a stranger would be doing at the dinner table," "No harm done," I said. Transforming into an Umbreon next, I raised the glitter up and sent it hurtling outside through the open door. "Shall we eat?" said Lillie softly, breaking the stunned silence. I quickly took up my fallen spoon and cleaned up the mess of white soup that had spilled all over the chair. as we ate silently, I couldn't help but wonder about the mysterious Arceus. What business did he have with a long-reigning Kalos Queen? I finished in a remarkable amount of time and stood up. "Thank you," I appreciated Lusamine. She smiled up at me fondly. "Of course,"

As my electric toothbrush buzzed in my mouth, I yawned tiredly and glanced slightly enviously at my Pokemon, who were still happily dozing off. The moon glowed a milky silver-white outside and the sound of chirping lulled my brain to sleep. I rinsed my mouth with water and flopped on my bed, as still as a rag doll. I took off my slippers and my hand went limp, dropping them on the wooden floor. I slipped into bed and pulled the soft covers up to my chin. Just as I was about to fall asleep, I felt a furry brown thing tuck itself next to me. Snuggling with it, I nodded off to dreamland.

Thank you for waiting patiently for this chapter! I made it extra long, so I hope it makes up for the time it took to wait. I hope you enjoyed it and see you in the next chapter :)